there is a new universal driver 2.67, maybe you can give that one a go
dont mind the model 7120 on this site, it also works for the 75xx range :
We have found through a lot of testing that the WC 7535 will not print from Lion 10.7.4 if the computer and printers are on different subnets and printing through a print server.
- Windows Server 2003 Server running Print Services and Print Services for Unix (so we can use LPD)
- Xerox WorkCentre 7535 w/ latest firmware(recently upgraded at least)
- Lion 10.7.4 with Xerox's 2.59.0. Using LPD as the print protocol
- All 3 of the above live on seperate VLANs. We opened up all Firewalls/ACLs during testing.
When trying to print, a "Command Control" print job pops up in the queue and hangs until it finally says "/path/somepath/commandtoxbds failed" - We then have to kill the job on the Mac side.
- With this same configuration, we can choose a different driver (i.e WC6400s) and it will print fine.
- We can setup the printer on the Mac using SMB and it works fine(Although we don't want to use this method)
- This was reproducable in a test lab at another facility
I would be curious to know if someone is using a similiar configuration and whether it is working or not.