cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rhiannon-ppl New Member

WC 7845 change paper tray for a job in progress

On occasion, we get jobs sent to the printer where the user's software has incorrectly specified the print tray (e.g. printing white paper from tray 1, but tray 1 contains green paper). The printer holds the job because resources are required. Rather than deleting the job and resending, is there any way on a WC 7845 of changing the specified print tray for a held job?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Analyst Nation Moderator Joe053204-hcl
Analyst Nation Moderator

Re: WC 7845 change paper tray for a job in progress

Yes there is rhiannon,

Go to CWIS > Properties > Services > Printing > General and set Allow 'Print on Alternate Paper' When job is 'Held for Resources' to Yes

Capture.GIF

Then when you select the job that requires resources you get the shiny new option shown here in this professional picture I just took

2015-09-15 13.36.59 (Small).jpg

This is another one of those moments where you think to yourself "Why is that not enabled by default?"

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe
0 Kudos
Fabio Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

if i remember correctly, this feature is not present in in the general firmware release, you need a newer spar firmware...

0 Kudos
rhiannon-ppl New Member

Fabio appears to be correct. I don't have this option – in fact the entire 'Held Job Policy' section from your screenshot is missing in my panel:

Screenshot 2015-09-16 at 08.52.19.png

So how can I get hold of the appropriate version of the firmware? and will it break anything else? Our device is currently on version 072.040.004.09100, and the release notes say that changing the media is a feature from version 071.040.034.06000 which is not included in the version we have. But I'm not sure what the relationship of the two versions is. Version 

071.040.034.06000 doesn't appear to be available to download from the Xerox support site.

0 Kudos
Fabio Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

hi,

you can download the newer firmwares on the link below, but i suggest you wait, there is new firmware coming verry soon

the firmware below has some "bugs" , if you want you can already upgrade, and then upgrade again  :)

Xerox Workcentre 78xx vs: 072.0x0.165.14201

7830/7835: http://www.support.xerox.com/support/workcentre-7800-series/file-download/enca.html?contentId=125793
7845/7855: http://www.support.xerox.com/support/workcentre-7800-series/file-download/enca.html?contentId=125794

0 Kudos