cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

What is the latest version of Freeflow print server for Nuvera printers?

We have a Xerox Nuvera 288 printer which is current running FreeFlow Print Server version 7.0 SP-3.

My question is:  

Is this the latest version of FreeFlow Print Server for our printer, or is there a more current version that we should be running (such as FreeFlow Print Server version 8 which looks like it was available starting in 2010)?  Is there a FreeFlow Print Server version 9, 10 or 11?

Also, what is the difference between FreeFlow Print Server and FreeFlow Core?

One more thing, does anyone else use Nuvera printers and PostScript print files created using HP Exstream?

Thanks for your time.

Randy

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Analyst Nation Moderator
Analyst Nation Moderator

Re: What is the latest version of Freeflow print server for Nuvera printers?

The 288 launched with 73.B0.84C, and the latest version is 73.F1.31C (First number is the version and service pack, so both are FFPS version 7 Service pack 3)

Freeflows don't go from a major version to another very often if ever. So if it is FFPS 7, it always will be, because typically the major versions contain something never previously available that either won't run on the older hardware, or is used as an upgrade incentive.

Same goes for the EFI RIPS, the only Fiery I can think of that got a version change is the DC250.

If you don't have the latest version, you need to go through Xerox to get it, they are not publicly available, they require you to go through the Spar process and that will get it shipped to you on a disk (No download servers exist for the FFPS)

Freeflow Print Server is a print server, that until version 10 runs on Linux (Solaris) and is hardware connected to a single printer.

Freeflow Core is software that runs many printers, and does workflow/automation mostly.

Have a look at the brochure here, then if you want, grab a trial version here to see it run live in-house here if you have something to run it on. 

I got nothing on the Exstream thing though.

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Thank you Joe for the response.

Even though we are currently running version 7 of FreeFlow, it does not allow me to tie a "named" set of Paper Tray configuration to a certain Queue name.  But I have found documentation that makes me think that I can do this with on the Output tab for a queue using the Mixed Stock Size Job option.  I am guessing that this documentation is from a newer version of FreeFlow (newer than version 7 which we are currently using).

So my primary question is what is the most up to date version of FreeFlow print server which will work with the Xerox Nuvera 288 printer?  Is it FreeFlow Print Server version 10 (as you mentioned in your previous post or is it FreeFlow Print Server version 9? Or is there a FreeFlow Print Server version 11 or 12 (or some other name)?

You mentioned that up to version 10, FreeFlow Print Server runs on Solaris.  What does it run on After version 10?

Thanks

Randy

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Analyst Nation Moderator
Analyst Nation Moderator

As stated, you will always be n 7SP3, but the revision can change, the latest is 73.F1.31C.

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Has Xerox stated any kind of End of Support for version 7 of the FreeFlow Print Server?

Thanks

Randy

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Analyst Nation Moderator
Analyst Nation Moderator

FFPS 7SP3  is still getting updates and there has been no announcement saying it will not get them in the future as yet.

Joe
0 Kudos