cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yoyo New Member

Where to get unique product IDs?

Hi, I am planning to list some products on Amazon and eBay, they told me I should list products with UPC/EAN no.
Where could I get those barcodes?
0 Kudos
9 Replies
GoddardBush New Member

Re: Where to get unique product IDs?

UPC/EAN barcodes contain prefix, manufacturer code, product code and checksum. You should get the prefix code from local GS1 organization. They assign the company prefix. To get the prefix, you need to pay annual fee.
0 Kudos
Lancewilliam New Member

Some company may have spare numbers for selling online, you can search them. After you got the nembers, you can convert these numbers into barcode symbols by using a font. It just looks like any other comon font. If you need convert them in a project, you can use a barcode generation control.

0 Kudos
Quincylooney New Member

I understand if I use the free barcode generator, I need to pay for the GS1 No.But how about if I buy the purchased version? Will it still cost for GS1 no.?

0 Kudos
Justin New Member

I don`t think GS1 organization has business with barcode generator. You may find a quality barcode control which helps you to create barcode easily. 

0 Kudos
Justin New Member

I don`t think GS1 organization has business with barcode generator. You may find a quality barcode control which helps you to create barcode easily.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
arronlee New Member

Universal Product Code (UPC) is widely used barcode for identifying products in point of sale retail application.
So, a fine UPC barcode reader must be able to scan all the information decoded.
In addition, UPC-A barcode is one of the most common and well-known linear barcode, widely used for retailing industry, mostly in USA, to track Global Trade Item Numbers (GTIN) since 1970s. A UPC-A barcode comprise of 4 parts: number system, manufacturer code, product code and a check digit.
Short version of UPC symbol, UPC-E barcode is also widely used for retailing industry; however, mainly used on small packages where a standard UPC-A can't fit reasonably. A UPC-E barcode comprise of 4 parts: number system, manufacturer code, product code and a check digit.

You can refer to some profession barcode SDKs for help. I hope you success. Good luck.

Best regards,

Arron

0 Kudos
cindy313 New Member

here i share this related for you, the EAN-13 barcode

just take this for example

0 Kudos
recthor New Member

@arronlee wrote:

Universal Product Code (UPC) is widely used barcode for identifying products in point of sale retail application.
So, a fine UPC barcode reader must be able to scan all the information decoded.
In addition, UPC-A barcode is one of the most common and well-known linear barcode, widely used for retailing industry, mostly in USA, to track Global Trade Item Numbers (GTIN) since 1970s. A UPC-A barcode comprise of 4 parts: number system, manufacturer code, product code and a check digit.
Short version of UPC symbol, UPC-E barcode is also widely used for retailing industry; however, mainly used on small packages where a standard UPC-A can't fit reasonably. A UPC-E barcode comprise of 4 parts: number system, manufacturer code, product code and a check digit.

You can refer to some profession barcode SDKs for help. I hope you success. Good luck.

Best regards,

Arron

thanks for your detailed introdution to UPC barcode and  now i needn't search the information online

0 Kudos
makaveiljojo New Member

I suggest you to get a UPC-A barcode generator, it is very commonly seen everywhere. But meanwhile you need to know or get somebody who knows how to write codes for this barcode generation.

Here's some sample code for you:

BarCode upca = new BarCode();
// Set barcode symbology type to UPCA, UPCASup2, UPCASup5
upca.Symbology = KeepAutomation.Barcode.Symbology.UPCASup2;
// Set UPC-A encoding code value. Valid input: 0-9. Length: 11 digits without checksum.
upca.CodeToEncode = "11223344551";
// Unit of measure, Pixel, Cm and Inch supported.
upca.BarcodeUnit = BarcodeUnit.Pixel;
// UPC-A image resolution in DPI.
upca.DPI = 72;

//Apply checksum for UPC-A barcode.
upca.ChecksumEnabled = true;
// Display checksum in the UPC-A barcode text
upca.DisplayChecksum = true;

// Set UPC-A image size

// UPC-A bar module width (X dimention), default value is 1 pixel.
upca.X = 2;
// UPC-A bar module height (Y dimention), default is 50 pixel.
upca.Y = 60;
// Image left margin size, 10X is automatically added to go with specification.
upca.LeftMargin = 0;
// Image right margin size, 10X is automatically added to go with specification.
upca.RightMargin = 0;
// UPC-A image top margin size
upca.TopMargin = 0;
// UPC-A image bottom margin size
upca.BottomMargin = 0;
// UPC-A orientation, 90, 180, 270 degrees supported
upca.Orientation = KeepAutomation.Barcode.Orientation.Degree0;
0 Kudos