cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fast-Track

Wideformat 6204 with Freeflow Access (Printing to scale problems)

I will try and make this simple.

- New Computer purchased yesterday (runs Windows 7).

- Wide format machine installed on computer today (not by me).

- When I send a plan to the wide format machine to print I am not given the same print options as I had on my old computer (XP).

- I need to get my drawings to scale (100%).

- There is no option to change my margins (to zero).

Any help would be appreicated!!

Charlene :smileyhappy:

0 Kudos
13 Replies
JohnM-Xerox
Xerox Employee
Xerox Employee

Re: Wideformat 6204 with Freeflow Access (Printing to scale problems)

Hi Charlene,

Here is a link to the Xerox 6204 Knowledge Base on Xerox.com and if you type in, "set margins" in the search field you can then click on the first item in search results for how to modify the margins X and Y.

http://www.support.xerox.com/support/xerox-6204/support/enus.html

I hope this information helps with part of what you are trying to do.  As for the scale of the drawings, I'm still trying to find help for you on that.  When I do, I will post back to you in this thread.

I am sorry that I could not help you with everything all at once.

John

0 Kudos
JohnM-Xerox
Xerox Employee
Xerox Employee

Hello again Charlene,

Can you tell me what type of driver you are using, maybe HPGL or PostScript?  Also, what application are you using that is giving you all of the trouble?

John

0 Kudos
Fast-Track

Hi John,

Thank you for your reply.  I honestly have no idea what type of driver I am using.  Where would I find that information?  Xerox originally set up our computers to print to the wide format and then when my new computer was purchased I had a local computer company come in and set me up.  On the new computer though when I send something to be printed it says Wideformat Freeflow access, when I print from the old computer there is nothing about Freeflow access.  

Thank you,

Charlene

0 Kudos
JohnM-Xerox
Xerox Employee
Xerox Employee

Hi Charlene,

Let's start with printing a configuration report.  That should show you all of the settings and software versions of your machine.  See below for how to print that out.

1. From the computer desktop, open an Internet browser window.
  2. Enter the Host Name or IP Address of the printer in the Address field, and then press [Enter] on the keyboard. The Print Services on Web window will be displayed.

NOTE: If you do not know the Host Name or IP Address of the machine, contact your System Administrator.
  3. Click on [Administrator page] button. The Enter Network Password window will be displayed.
  4. Enter the user name and password for the administrator in the User name and Password fields.

NOTE: The default user name and password entries are root. If the user name and password have been changed, contact your System Administrator. If the System Administrator cannot remember the password, contact support to place a service call.
  5. Click [OK]. The Status tab will be displayed.
  6. Click on the [Properties] tab.
  7. Click on the System Parameters menu. The Setup screen will be displayed on the right side of the window.
  8. To print a list of the settings (Configuration Report), click on [Print Settings] in the System Parameters folder, and then click on the [Print] button at the bottom of the window. The Configuration Report will be printed.

On that printed report, you should be able to find the driver information.  Let me know what you find.

John

0 Kudos
JohnM-Xerox
Xerox Employee
Xerox Employee

Hello again Charlene,

I apologize, I gave you misinformation in the above post on how to find the driver type.  I'm not familiar with the Wideformat machines and I'm getting help from the people that do know it.

In order to see the type of driver that is loaded on your machine -> if you go to the print queue in the web page after you print a job, there is a column named format.  This will show which type driver you have installed (HPGL or PS).  Try that and let me know which type you have.

John

0 Kudos
Fast-Track

Hi John,

Hmmm, I'm not exactly sure what you mean by the print queue.  When I send a plan to be printed its from a PDF document.  I did go into the wide formats properties and it shows the driver as "Xerox 6204 Wide Format with Freeflow Access".  I cannot find any information regarding HPGL or PS.   Thankfully I still have my old computer hooked up and can go and use that one and it works just fine with the wide format but its a little frustrating to not know why it won't work on the brand new computer.

Charlene

0 Kudos
JohnM-Xerox
Xerox Employee
Xerox Employee

Hi Charlene,

To get to the Print Queue you will need to have the IP address of your machine handy.  When you have it, open a Internet Browser window and then in the address field at the top (where the http:// is) type in the IP address of your machine.  Your IP address will be in this format xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx  After you have typed in the IP address, the Web Printer Management Tool window will be displayed.  Find the Print Queue tab in the upper left-hand corner and click on that tab if it is not already selected.  Then click on the Job Queue tab just below that if it is not already selected.  In that Job Queue tab, you should see a list of all of the jobs that have been printed on that controller since it was turned on.  The first column is the name of the job and the second column is the format.  Please let me know what is in the format column after you send a job to the 6204.  You should see HPGL or PS.

John

0 Kudos
Fast-Track

Hi John,

When I print from the old computer it says "HPGL" and when I print with my new computer it says "PS"

Charlene :smileyhappy:

0 Kudos
JohnM-Xerox
Xerox Employee
Xerox Employee

Hi Charlene,

If you could, please log back into the printer using the web page again, but this time select the System Defaults tab (should be about the fourth tab) and then the Margins tab and then set all margins to 0 (zero), and then click the Update Printer button.  Now, run your job again.  Let me know how the job comes out now.

John

0 Kudos