cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Win 8.1 x64 driver and tray selection with Phaser 6180MFP

This isn't a problem on Win7 systems, but on Win8.1 with the new so-called "v3" driver (listed version: 5.347.6.0) released this month, either tray that I choose for printing results in the same tray being used.

Is there some trick now to printing to the other tray?

P.S.: I did try this with the "class" driver too, but unless it's extremely well hidden, it doesn't allow you to choose the tray in the first place, so I need the Xerox-provided driver to work.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Win 8.1 x64 driver and tray selection with Phaser 6180MFP

Hi rseiler,

Thank you for using the Support Forum. I am not aware of a change in the way to select the paper tray.  Please take a look at the solution for selecting the tray and make sure you have followed all the steps.  If it still does not work please consider contacting your support centre for further assistance.

Thanks,
CherylO-Xerox
Community Manager

Be sure to click Kudos for those who have helped you.
Select Accept as Solution for posts that have helped to solve your issue(s)!

0 Kudos
Highlighted

That link is about 10 years out of date, but it's not that I don't know how to select it but rather that my selection is always ignored, and so the default internal tray is always used.

I dug up the previous driver though, 2.6.10, from a few years ago, and it works fine.

It must be a bug.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Account Deactivated

Hi rseiler.

I am glad the previous driver worked.  I will contact our team to let them know the current driver doesn't work and also that the solution we sent you is out of date.

Have a great day.

Please select "Accept Solution" and / or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!
Thanks,
SandyP-Xerox
0 Kudos