cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jamesosteen09 New Member

Wont print color

Product Name: Phaser 8560
Operating System: Windows 10 x64

We have a printer that apparently stopped printing in color one day. A test page from the device prints color, but anything printed from a computer does not. There are multiple Windows 10 x64 computers connected to the device through Windows 2012 R2 print server and none print color. We have tried both the Global Print Driver PLC and Phaser 8560 Series Class Driver. We have other printers, same model, installed on the server and working just fine on this driver package so I'm not sure what's causing the issue. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
jamesosteen09 New Member

Re: Wont print color

Messed with this printer for over an hour today. Removed every driver on the computer, removed printer, re-installed printer, tried 4 different Xerox drivers (all settings say color), and it still does not print in color. However, you can print test pages from the printer control panel and its color. An entire lab of computers and none of them will print color when sending jobs to the printer. Is there something on the printer that differentiates color print jobs and color test pages? Just weird how it works fine for test pages, but not for print jobs. again we have about 26 of these models in our district and the others work fine. I'm just trying to figure out if this is a device problem or some sort of settings/configuration problem. Any ideas? Thanks.

0 Kudos
Analyst Nation Moderator Joe053204-xrx
Analyst Nation Moderator

I've seen Xerox devices that would do that :

1. If you set them to BW as default for print on the devices webpage

2. If you enable Accounting for color prints and don't send an accounting code

I'd give screenshots, but I don't have access to this model device and don't know another with the same interface

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe.
0 Kudos
jamesosteen09 New Member

Thanks for the reply.

Everything we've checked is set to color. Haven't seen anything set to BW only.

Here's the really strange part. It's only isolated to the computers in the same room with the printer (one teacher computer and about 30 student computers). They all print BW. If they print to a different colored printer it's color. If I connect to the printer (because it's on a network) from a computer outside of the class and print to it its in color. There is no active policy preventing these computers to print in color to this printer so we are just stumped. I've checked everything I can think to check and just getting nowhere.

0 Kudos