cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

WorkCentre 3325 - Persistently Indicates, "Out of Paper"

I experienced a paper jam a while back, causing the paper tray to be stuck as a result. Printer worked fine up until that point. Since fixing it, now it displays "Out of paper" on my desktop computers printer status and is unable to be used as a network printer: scanning to USB, printing from USB, and copying work fine. Full tray but neither my iMac, Linux desktops (Ubuntu 12.04 LTS, 14.04 LTS), nor Windows machines (XP, Win7) can print to it. The printer is setup with a static IP address. Tested the RJ45 port on the switch and the port is fine. I am unable to ping the WorkCenter--but that may be normal. Do I need a new tray, or is there something else I should consider?

Appreciate the assistance. Like the WorkCentre but the lack of network printing is a burden that I finally have time to address.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: WorkCentre 3325 - Persistently Indicates, "Out of Paper"

Hi fairtaxbill,

Thank you for using the Support Forum. Please take a look at the solution for not printing over the network.  Also you should be able to ping the printer if it is set up on the network correctly.  If the solutions for not printing over the network do not help please consider contacting your support centre for further assistance.

Thanks,
CherylO-Xerox
Community Manager

Be sure to click Kudos for those who have helped you.
Select Accept as Solution for posts that have helped to solve your issue(s)!

Highlighted
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

I would suggest wiping the device to factory defaults by going to Machine Status > System Setup > Clear Settings > OK > OK > Yes > Stop

Even if the tray is broken and sitting in the corner the device should be pingable, how about webtools, can you view Centreware Internet Services by putting the IP of the printer in your web browser address bar?

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe Arseneau
Highlighted

Hi - Thanks for the input. Been traveling the past ten days, and just getting back to this. In attempting to contact the system via web "Centreware Internet Services", we received this error:

"Safari could not open the page becasue the server stopped responding."

I think a full factory reset may be the best option at this point. Will give it a go this weekend and report back.

--Bill

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Thank you for the input and suggestions, Carol. Let me clarify one point, "Printing from USB" implies a USB thumb drive, not via a cord, plugged into my Mac for printing. It is setup for WiFi access and I also tried Ethernet previously with a known working Cat5E cable and port. Being unable to ping, I will restore do factory defaults and try again. If still unsuccessful, I will attempt the contact the support center as suggested.

--Bill

0 Kudos