cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

WorkCentre 5335 printing from Silverlight Application

Jump to solution

I have a WorkCentre 5335 setup as its own print server, and it is installed on a server hosting a Silverlight .net Framework 3 web app (using the Xerox Global Print Driver PCL6) . I am able to print files in the server, but I cannot successfully print from the web application (by instantiating a new PrinterSettings class and specifying the printer name and tray I want to print to. It sends the print job to the printer and says it printed, but it just spits out a blank page. Not sure if this a network issue or firmware or what. I am able to print to an HP printer on my dev environment the exact same way without any issues.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Re: WorkCentre 5335 printing from Silverlight Application

Jump to solution

In case anyone runs into this, it was an issue with the application pool the site runs on. It was setup as an AppPoolIdentity and so it was having issues finding the printer. I changed it to use the local account that the printer is installed on instead, and that fixed this issue.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: WorkCentre 5335 printing from Silverlight Application

Jump to solution

Hi hypnotizer,

Thank you for using the Support Forum. And thanks for coming back and posting an answer to your own question!!  I am sure this will help someone else in the future.

Thanks,
CherylO-Xerox
Community Manager

Be sure to click Kudos for those who have helped you.
Select Accept as Solution for posts that have helped to solve your issue(s)!

0 Kudos