cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

WorkCentre 5875 - Deploy Driver with default setting of Single-Sided Print

Driver Version: 5.295.13.ON 2013.01.10  , Windows 7 X64 and Windows XP

I use vb scripts to deploy all printer drivers on my network and it all works very well.

This Xerox driver defaults to Double Sided printing and I would like it to default to single sided as is the case with ALL other drivers I deploy.

Is there any way to change a configuration file or is there a different driver build that I can deploy which would give me single sided print as default?

Thanks,

Alan

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Re: WorkCentre 5875 - Deploy Driver with default setting of Single-Sided Print

Hey you!

Change the default printer settings to one sided, and then push it out to the clients again.

Best Regards

Kimzi

--------------------------------------------
Please remember to select "Accept as Solution" for posts that helped you solve the issue.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

I am not sure where to change this setting.  I am NOT using the universal printer driver, but deploying the actual driver .inf/dll files from a network share and after install they are all set to double sided instead of single sided.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi dmctech,

Thank you for using the Support Forum. Please take a look at the Earth Smart Printing settings on the driver you are using and make sure that duplex / two-sided printing is not selected in those settings.  If this does not help please consider contacting your support centre for further assistance.

Thanks,
CherylO-Xerox
Community Manager

Be sure to click Kudos for those who have helped you.
Select Accept as Solution for posts that have helped to solve your issue(s)!

0 Kudos
Highlighted

I have found some documentation regarding "preconfiguring" drivers.  Documentation is from 2011 and older and Options tab is no longer available but there is a button on "Administration" tab has the ability to Generat a Configuration File.  I have been trying to get this to work but so far, not able to generate a working default configuration without the 2-sided printing.  I will try adjusting the Earth Smart Printing settings as well.

If I can't get this fixed I will contact the Xerox Support Desk via phone.

0 Kudos