cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

WorkCentre 6505 printing black splotches on page

Product Name: Xerox WorkCentre 6505 printer
Operating System: Windows 10

My Xerox WorkCentre 6505 is printing raised dark splotches of ink on the page. It appears that where there are areas of very saturated dark color, the ink is being pulled from those sections and deposited lower on the page as a reverse image. The ink splotches are raised but do NOT smudge when I run my finger over them. Below shows a test print.  I have zoomed in and circled the areas I am talking about on the right of the page to illustrate the problem. (You may need to scroll down to see the entire print.) I have gone under the "maintenance" section on the printer and ran the software tools for "clean developer", "toner refresh" and "imaging unit refresh" with no improvement.  I then opened the printer and manually attempted to clean the imaging unit, vacuumed out some toner dust in that area, plus wipe off the exposed surface of the transfer bed with a lint-free dry cloth to no avail. I cannot figure out how to remove the transfer belt to clean its entire surface in case that is the problem. 

I am not very knowledgeable about laser printer maintenance and have done all I can do. Perhaps someone here has run into this problem before and can help me.

Thank you for any help or suggestions!xerox workcentre 6505 ink splotch jpg.jpg   

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Re: WorkCentre 6505 printing black splotches on page

Hi,

Check the surface of the fuser, it is possible to be scratched.

Gabi