cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

WorkCentre 6505DB issues

I provide remote IT support for a client who owns and uses a WorkCentre 6505DB printer.  They are currently experiencing issues with the printer.  Currently, it will print a few pages of a job and then stop, claiming to be out of paper when it in fact is not.  It will also display an error icon on the screen with no error text.  They are thus having issues printing complete documents, and this is causing them a loss in productivity.  I have done a myriad of searches but so far have been unable to turn up any hints as to where to begin troubleshooting this issue.  Any advice given would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted

Re: WorkCentre 6505DB issues

Nothing at all?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Hey you!

Look at the printer interface, from ur web browser and see if the fault code (message) shows up there.

Best Regards

Kimzi

--------------------------------------------
Please remember to select "Accept as Solution" for posts that helped you solve the issue.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

I will check it, thanks.  Is there a specific place in the interface where I can see the codes?  I looked around but didn't find anything, though I may have been looking in the wrong places.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

should be either under status, or jobs.

also when this happens, check job status on the printer and see if you can get a code or message?

Best Regards

Kimzi

--------------------------------------------
Please remember to select "Accept as Solution" for posts that helped you solve the issue.

0 Kudos