cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

WorkCentre 7120 Color Printing Error on Single Computer on Network

Jump to solution

We have 5 computers on a network to a WorkCentre 7120, all but 1 of the computers print fine.

The computer having the issue does not print color correctly.  The color in areas where color is used will be streaky, or cover most of the print area with a color.

The computer having the issue was the only computer updated to windows 10.  To try and solve the issue, I went on the website and downloaded the driver update utility for windows 10 and used it; however, I can not confirm that the driver changed.

The printer interface is also completely different than the other computers.

any suggestions on what the issue could be and steps to solve it?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Analyst Nation Moderator
Analyst Nation Moderator

Re: WorkCentre 7120 Color Printing Error on Single Computer on Network

Jump to solution

Install the v3 Global Print Driver from Xerox and do so as if it was running Windows 7.

What you have there is the MS Class Driver, and possibly the Xerox Print Experience App from the MS store in order to get some extended features in their Generic v4 Class driver.

Also, when installing, be sure to not pick the printer from the list, choose The printer I want wasn't listed so you can create your port manually, otherwise MS will decide you should be using a WSD port, which you do not want.

And watch out for the Query printer and automatically select a driver to use, that will again over-ride everything else and install the v4 or the Class driver again

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe