cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

WorkCentre 7125 - Can Only Print B&W

Jump to solution

I have a client who is trying to print to a networked WorkCentre 7125 with a Windows Server 2008 machine as our print server.  Everyone else can print in color except for my client.  When I try to access the Printer Settings on her computer, I get a pop-up message saying "The driver has detected that you have selected black and white in the application."  I have tried deleting the network printer and deleting the printer drivers, but some stubborn setting is not getting removed.  The problem occurs for multiple users of the same computer, so it has to be something on her laptop.

I am trying to avoid rebuilding her laptop from scratch.  Any advice would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Technical Escalation User
Technical Escalation User

Re: WorkCentre 7125 - Can Only Print B&W

Jump to solution

Hi Joseph_Prisco,

If you are sure the driver on the print server has the default settings set to use color than my advise would be for you to install the print driver locally on the laptop.

Before you do that make sure you have cleanned the laptop print drivers. You should do that by deleting the print queue from "Printer and Devices" and than navigate to File > Server properties > Drivers and make sure to remove the drivers from there.

After installing the driver localy, right click the driver > Properties> Advances > Printing Defaults> check colour is set as default.

Attempt to print a test page. The test page should output in color.

Let me know of your experience.

Please select Accept as Solution if you feel this post has helped you.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: WorkCentre 7125 - Can Only Print B&W

Jump to solution

Kind of an old post, but I found it when we experienced this problem with a new installation of hundreds of Xerox printers.  But the solutions found here did not work.  We figured it out and decided to share because it appears to still be a problem today in 2014. 

Our office suite has a number of networked printers but only one (11x17 color) that would not print color for only a few people - all using MS Office 2010.  Those that could not print color 11x17 (but could print color on other Xerox printers, like 8-1/2 x 11) simply had to go into PAGE SETUP... (in this example, for MS Excel)... select the SHEET Tab and where it clearly had the "Black and White" checkbox UNCHECKED, it really is sort of invisibly CHECKED!  Check it.  Click OK.  Go in again and UNCHECK it and click OK, and like magic... you can print color! 

There are a number of places in MS Office products where you can access such a "B&W checkbox" and what threw us off, was it was unchecked, so we looked elsewhere... at first.  Check... and uncheck.  Try that first.

Hope this helped someone out there "avoid rebuilding [her] laptop from scratch!"  Which, may work too.  LOL

Good luck to you all!