cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Agency Analyst
Agency Analyst

WorkCentre 7425 compatible with Server 2008 R2?

Is there a known compatibility issue with Server 2008 R2 and print drivers for a WorkCentre 7424?

Jefffrey E. Thornton
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: WorkCentre 7425 compatible with Server 2008 R2?

Hi Jet,

Thank you for using the Support Forum. I am not aware of one but please consider contacting your support centre for further assistance. Also try using the global driver to see if that will work for you. 

Thanks,
CherylO-Xerox
Community Manager

Be sure to click Kudos for those who have helped you.
Select Accept as Solution for posts that have helped to solve your issue(s)!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Agency Analyst
Agency Analyst

Have tried several drivers including the latest Global PS and PCL6.  This is a 64 bit OS.  Have tried on the print server, which is 2008 R2.  Have attempted a PC with windows 7 also 64 bit with the same drivers.  When printing PDF documents the que locks up with an error at the pc's que which says printer busy.  Appears to be the driver as I can print the same documents through the web interface directly and the same document cannot get past the pc or server que without the error.

Jefffrey E. Thornton
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jet,

Ok that I may be able to help you with, please try changing the setting in Adobe to Print as Image. 

To resolve most problems printing a specific PDF file from an Acrobat application, print the PDF file as an image. Printing the PDF file as an image may enable the file to print, but it does not identify the source of the problem.

NOTE: When a PDF file is printed as an image, it may take longer to print.

1. Open the document to be printed, and then select [Print] from the Filemenu. The Print window will be displayed.
  2. Click on the [Advanced] button.
  3. Click on the [Print as Image] check box to insert a check mark and enable the option.
  4. Click [OK].
  5. Click on the [Print] button to print the document.

If this does not solve the issue then consider contacting support. 

Thanks,
CherylO-Xerox
Community Manager

Be sure to click Kudos for those who have helped you.
Select Accept as Solution for posts that have helped to solve your issue(s)!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Agency Analyst
Agency Analyst

Tried print as image in Adobe with no luck.  Tried two different PDF programs Foxit Reader and Nuance's PDF converter to test if it was Adobe Reader X issue.  All programs had the same result.  The job would hang up on the PC's que with the error printer busy.  Have hooked a windows 7 pc directly via a crossover cable to the 7425 and tried all the drivers I could get my hands on PDF's are the culprits.  Have not had an issue with other types of files like word, web pages, or excel.

Jefffrey E. Thornton
0 Kudos