cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chrisl

Workcenter 5645 collates ok but puts a single staple into all collated sets

For example: set up on computer to print, collate and staple 10 sets of 5 pages each. The printer prints and collates ok but then stapels all sets together as one with a single staple

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
JohnM-Xerox
Xerox Employee
Xerox Employee

Re: Workcenter 5645 collates ok but puts a single staple into all collated sets

Hello chrisl,

I want to try and rule out a software issue on your printer so could you tell me if you try this same job or a similar one in copy mode, instead of sending a print job to the printer, and letting me know if the same thing happens or not?

If the copy job comes out correctly, then the issue is most likely with your driver and I would recommend uninstalling the current driver, downloading the most recent from the Xerox Drivers & Downloads page, and then installing that on your computer(s) to see if the issue gets resolved.

Please post back and let us know what happens.

John

0 Kudos
aldbadge

We are also seeing this same behavior on 7335 using the Global Print Driver version 5185.4100.0.0.

If user selects to print 5 copies, and staple them, it staples all 5 copies together, instead of the 5 copies individually.

This was working before switching to the GPD.

0 Kudos
Fabio
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

i think it was solved in the latest 5.216.12

what you can try also :

turn off collate in the application and turn it on in the driver only, not on both places

0 Kudos
aldbadge

Tried with both PS and PCL6 versions of the 5.216.12 GPD, same results with these.   Turning off collating within the application (word 2007) did not help, I could not find a collate option within the printer driver (well, I did find one, but it is greyed out and set to "Collated" but doesn't collate when word is set to not collate).  

0 Kudos