cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Workcentre 5020/B USB

Hi,

I have a Workcentre 5020/B usb machine. I have problem with printing under windows 10 from autocad. Autodesk suggest to install new drivers. I nstalled pcl class driver, but the printer doesn't print. I have tried with global driver but still no luck.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Re: Workcentre 5020/B USB

Does it print outside of AutoCAD? If so, look for the PPD manager in AutoCAD and update to the ppd with the new driver.

If it isn't just AutoCAD, go to Xerox.com and grab the driver. Install it fresh and make sure Windows does not choose the "Class Driver" via the "Query printer" option in the installer

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe Arseneau
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Thanks for the answer.

If I install the windows 7 drivers under windows 10, then printer works, but only autocad printing fails.

On xerox website there is no driver for windows 10 for this printer. If I install global driver printing fails in every application.

If I choose the bult in workcentre 5016/5020 class driver, then it is the same issue.

So which driver you propose?

thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

I have nothing, I don't have the printer in question and don't have access to AutoCAD.

Where it is purely an AutoCAD issue, I don't know where to look as I don't have the application, when I did use it (Thing late 90's) there was a PPD manager that you needed to configure, but it is 15 years later and the Google has no reference to it currently.

Best I could find was this.

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe Arseneau
0 Kudos

I don't understand, why there is no windows 8 and 10 driver for XEROX 5020 machine. Normally this printer is in the  xerox global driver support list. And why PCL driver doesnt work...

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Development has ended. It is only supported by the embedded PCL6 Class Driver in the OS (Windows 8-10)

The Global driver supports the 5030, not the 5020

Joe Arseneau
0 Kudos
Highlighted

And why the embedded driver not work? If I install this driver nothing I can print..

Could you help?

thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Anybody could help?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos