cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
elongp New Member

Workcentre 5645 - Share Saved Settings question

I'm in support at our agency. We need to make our MFDs default to printing 2-sided (our devicves are IP printers, not server printers). Is that a setting on the device, or is it a driver setting? I was coming from the driver angle, and saw the menu option to Share a saved setting. When I select "Share...", it just shows me a dialog box indicating which settings are shared. Where does it share? How can I get that setting to another computer?

Thanks in advance!

E Powell

Austin, TX

0 Kudos
8 Replies
elongp New Member

Re: Workcentre 5645 - Share Saved Settings question

forgot to say, we use the 'Xerox Workcentre 56xx PS' drivers (we have several models)
0 Kudos
Fabio Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

you can define th just in the normal printing preferences on server or local, just apply , you dont need to save as a saved setting

if you have a print served, change the "printing defaults" under the advanced  tab, not just the printing preferences under the general tab

0 Kudos
elongp New Member

Right, but we want to make this the default on multiple printers without user intervention. In other words, they are asking us (IT) to change the printer defaults for everyone who installs that printer.

These are installed as IP printers, not server printers.

Is this something that we can configure on the driver pre-installation, or will the Xerox tech need to do this on the device itself?

Thanks,

E Powell

Austin TX

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Fabio Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Hello,

This can be helpfull then, you can preconfigure the drivers :

http://www.office.xerox.com/support/dctips/dc10cc0466.pdf

0 Kudos
elongp New Member

Thanks. One thing that I see right off is that we use the PostScript drivers, not the PCL drivers. We also have some computers on Windows 7 and some still on Windows XP. And our Citrix environment is Windows XP. I'll read it and see if I can apply the concept. Thanks for your response.

0 Kudos
elongp New Member

Apologies about Postscript, I see that it's for those drivers as well. However, when I went to download the latest drivers for Workcentre 5632, the latest Microsoft certified is from 2009 and a version lower than the 5.173.11.0 that the document mentions. Is there a MS certified PS driver for the 5600 models 2010 or later? We don't use the global drivers, but the model specific drivers. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Fabio Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

0 Kudos
elongp New Member

Thanks, and I don't see where that is Microsoft certified. I'll test it.

0 Kudos