cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workcentre 5655-specific driver printing too large

We have a Windows Server 2008 R2 print server and are sharing several Workcentre 5655 and 5645's.

We were previously using the Global PCL 6 driver (latest version as of a month ago).  Performance was very slow. It took a long time to bring up the print dialog box or to select a printer.

After talking with software support @ Xerox, they suggested using the printer-specific driver. This did indeed make performance much more bearable.

However, now it is printing too large on the page (approximately 6%).

This is cutting off some of the output on the margins.

If we go into the advance printing preferences on the client workstation, we can play with the Image Options>Application Reduce/Enlarge setting in order to get it to fit. However, if I change it on the server, it does not get passed down to the clients.  I'd like to find a solution without having to visit several hundred workstations.

Thanks in advance,

-Brad

Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Re: Workcentre 5655-specific driver printing too large

hello,

what version of global driver did you try? the 5.185.x version?

the new ones released last month 5.216.x are much better and gives better performance in office

but if you want to use specific driver , xerox has a spar release driver, call xerox and ask for :  = WC56xx_5.185.44.0_PS_x86 , that one is not listed on the download site

Re: Workcentre 5655-specific driver printing too large

Hi Fabio, thanks for the reply.

We're running the 5.185.41.0N PCL 6 driver on the server for the global driver.

I'll try out the 5.216. Thanks for the tip.

-Brad

0 Kudos