cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Workcentre 7232 Printer Driver Help needed

Hi

I am a newbie to the forum and no very little about IT/Photocopiers, so please be patient....

I have recently purchased a second hand W/C 7232 and i am having trouble getting it to print as a stand alone/non-networked printer on Windows 7. After talking to Xerox Technical i removed all other xerox drivers from my hard drive and doenloaded the Xerox Global Print Driver. Choosing the PCL6 Driver  "X-GPD_5.303.16.0_PCL6_x64". I have also checked the settings on the machine and the USB port has been enabled as described in the manual. I then selected this as my default printer (even though when i plugged in the usb connection Windows automatically created a driver called "Xerox Workcentre 7232 PS")

When i try to print a file, it appears to have carried out the opperation correctly on my computer i.e Print status = 1 in que. But no print at the machine and no reference of the 'job' having been completed or error.

Now, if i change the default to "Xerox Workcentre 7232 PS" and repeat, it still does not print but the Job status screen detects i have attempted to print something but shows the message "Status - Completed-Error"

Can anyone help as i desperately need to get using this asap....

Thanks for taking the time to read this plea for help!!!

Regards

Scarface2178

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Re: Workcentre 7232 Printer Driver Help needed

Hey you!

I suggest you remove both the drivers installed, and reinstall manually by doing as following:

Which USB-Port to use?
Quick explanation on how to get the information needed to choose the correct USB-Port if it’s not
automatically selected.
1. Right click on “My Computer” and select “Manage”
This will open the “Computer manager”
2. Choose “Device Manager” in the window to the left, and then expand “Universal Serial Bus
controllers”
3. Go down to the first “USB Printing Support” port, right click and select “Printer Preferences”
4. Press the “Details” tab and choose “Bus Relations” on the scroll-down menu.

Here you can see the name of the USB port (usually USB001 or USB002)

Installing a usb-printer:

1. You will need to start the “Add a Printer Wizard” manually.
This is done by going to
Start -> Devices and Printers -> Add a Printer
2. Here you will have to click on “Add a local printer”

3. Here you check “Use an existing port” and choose the correct USB-port, usually “USB001”.
If it does not print, you may need to select another USB-port.
4. When done with this just press “Next” and “Finish”
Now you can proceed with the “Add a Printer Wizard”

TIP: Never use the old drivers implemented with Windows 7, always select “Have Disk” and use the
driver you downloaded.

5. When you press “Have Disk” a new window will show up where you can navigate to where
you extracted the files and choose the correct .inf file as shown.
6. Here you will be able to name the printer; this will show up in the “Devices and Printers”
window.

When clicking “Next” you can also choose if this printer is going to be the default printer, or not.

Now the installation is finished!

Hope this helps!

Best Regards

Kimzi

--------------------------------------------
Please remember to select "Accept as Solution" for posts that helped you solve the issue.

0 Kudos