At any point following the installation of the driver(s) did you ever restart the XP computer(s)? Sometimes, not restarting the PC after installing a new driver will lead to this type of issue. Just another thought.
I found something in the M15i Knowledge Base that is very easy to try and it could be the issue that you see. Try the following:
1. For Windows XP / Server 2003, click on the [Start] button, click on [Settings] (if necessary), and then click on [Printers and Faxes]. The Printers and Faxes window will be displayed.
2. Right-click on the printer icon, and then click on [Properties]. The Properties window will be displayed.
3. Click on the [Advanced] tab.
4. Click on the check box next to [Enable Advanced Printing Features] to insert a check mark and enable the option.
5. Click on [Apply] to save the setting.
6. Click on [OK] to close the Properties window.
7. Close the Printers or Printers and Faxes window.
Yes it was working fine when the XP machine was tied to it and the problems started after swapping it for a 7 box. Everything works fine on the 7 PC, just the other XP machines having the issue. Don't understand why the test pages print correctly then everything else is gibberish.
This machine is not compatible with Windows 7. I apologize for not mentioning that any sooner, but you said that your XP machines are the ones that have the issue correct?
Were things working fine before you added the Windows 7 PC to the mix? If so, I believe your new Windows 7 PC may be the culprit.
Follow the steps below to print the Systems Data List. This report will show what firmware level is currently loaded on your machine.
I tried loading both sets of drivers directly on the XP 32 bit machines that come up as suggested on the Xerox site for Windows XP. They are
Where do I find out the firmware version? Thanks.
When you say that you have tried both drivers, do you mean that you have tried both the PS and PCL drivers or both the Windows 7 (Windows Vista) 64-bit and XP drivers?
Can you tell me which version of firmware is loaded on your machine too?
Are your 4 XP machines running XP 32-bit or 64-bit?
Installed this on a Windows 7 64 bit and am sharing this on a network to 4 XP machines. Installs fine and prints test pages correctly from the XP boxes but when printing anyhing else it is gibberish and runs through lots of paper. I have tried both drivers from Xerox and tried reinstalling the printer. No go.