We use the accounting system at my work, and of course this generic driver doesnt work. A solution that worked great for me was to use the driver for the workcentre 7755 instead of the 238.
You can try using the Mac OS X Universal Binary Print Driver, or the built-in generic driver.
By doing as following:
1. Remove the printer from the MAC
2. Click on Add "OTHER" Printer.
3. Choose “IP Printer” from the top tabs.
4. Afterwards select LPD/LPR from the drop-down menu.
5. Put in the printers IP address in the “Printer Address” window.
6. Double check that the queue name is empty. (Can also try writing LP)
7. Choose the correct driver/PPD file from the drop-down menu. (which is in your case, the Universal Binary Print Driver, Generic postscript or Generic PCL driver)
8. Press on the “Add” button. The printer should now be installed.
Hope this helps.
I've contacted the Belgian support desk, but they couldn't help because the driver is not yet released.
Is there no other way to have this resolved?
Thank you for using the Support Forum. Please consider contacting your support centre for further assistance on this issue
I've read that the Mac OSX 10.8 drivers for a Workcentre Pro 238 are not yet available.
But I need printing on our Workcentre. Do you know of any work-around?
I've installed the previous drivers, and when printing the print dialog keeps saying "The printer is in use".
BTW. I just switched to OSX from a previous Linux machine. Printing worked perfectly within Linux. Perhaps I don't yet know the correct OSX settings.
Tx - Ivan