cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sundra New Member

Xerox 240 Extra Ink Drops

We've been having an issue where we get extra ink drops on the prints. Magenta drops mostly, but one in a while its black too. We've cleaned/wiped off as much 'extra' ink we see around the fuser/drums/toners, but we still have this issue.  It doesn't happen with every print job, it looks to happen at random.  Any suggestions?

If this helps: We running the jobs from the Bypass Tray, paper size 12x18 & 11x17

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Xerox Employee JohnM-Xerox
Xerox Employee

Re: Xerox 240 Extra Ink Drops

Hello Sundra,

I would like to try and help you resolve your issue with the magenta ink drops.  Can you tell me if this issue is happening in copy mode as well?  Also, can you tell me how many copies/prints are on this magenta toner cartridge?  You may end up needing to place a service call for this, but I'll try to avoid that if I can.

John

0 Kudos
Sundra New Member

Re: Xerox 240 Extra Ink Drops

Sorry in the delay on replying to you. It does happen in Copy mode as well just not as frequent. I did end up calling service, which resulted in replacing drums and cleaning the machine.

However, we did have to get the IBT Belt replaced a few days ago and that may have been the issue because we aren't seeing any drops. We have run several large jobs and everything looks good *knock on wood*.

0 Kudos