cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
edemott New Member

Xerox 4112 printing on cover stock

Hello!

I currently have two 4112s in my shop (brand new) we are having difficulty printing a solid black onto anything heavier than 20lb. text. We use this not only to print but as a copier as well. We always load the paper as heavyweight but it seems like it isn't getting hot enough or something. If we copy something in "black" onto the cover stock it comes out so that you can see the paper color through the "black" and if we print directly from a computer with black and white settings in the document, it comes out light as well. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  :smileyhappy:

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JohnXDPS Frequent Member
Frequent Member

Re: Xerox 4112 printing on cover stock

Check the weight on the paper.   The WC 4118 is designed to do 16-13lb Bond and 60-163 gsm.  The fuser in the 4118 has been primarily designed for regular plain paper and when you do several prints on thick media it can sometimes have fuser temp issues which can result in the printer having to slow down but can also cause print quality issues.   Some of my clients run into this with envelope printing etc and sometimes depending on the number printed they have to switch to a label media, something they can stick on the thick paper. 

If you are doing it often enough - You may even consider installing a secondary device (Printer) in your office that can print on the thicker paper.  You can purchase several in-expensive Phaser and Colorqube products that can do up to 80lb Cover or 220 gsm.    The Color Phaser 6280/N ($349) , ColorQube 8570/N ($699) and if you're lookingfor a black and white only there's the Phaser 3600/N which can do up to 60lb cover or 163gsm.  Just a thought...

0 Kudos
Sundra New Member

What color stock are you trying to print? We have a 4112 here and we can't print on Bright Hue 65lb Orange Cover. It doesn't lay down enough ink/ it rubs off easily. We ended up printing the cover stock oon our old Canon. 

We've had techs come in and change the heat, which worked for most cover stock, like I mentioned before the orange we have a problem wth.

What tray are you putting it in? Do you have an oversize tray? What brand are you printing on?

0 Kudos
PGC New Member

You might want to check the Brite Hue that you order. We have a 4112 and it prints fine on that stock (Orange). The thing is that if you order the Vellum Bristol it will smear. That specific finish on the stock has trouble on any digital printer/copier.

0 Kudos