cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bidbi New Member

Xerox 560 A3 Printing

Hi I am printing A3 transfer paper through tray 5 of a Xerox 560/570 however everytime I import a job the image is oversizing by about 5%. This means I have to reduce the image by 5% before importing to Command Workstation. Scaling the image to fit seems to no longer function either. This applies to tray 5 only. Any help appreciated thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Analyst Nation Moderator Joe053204-hcl
Analyst Nation Moderator

Re: Xerox 560 A3 Printing

How are you importing to a 560? Are you submitting to its web interface CWIS?

Or are you actually using a 560 with a Fiery RIP and importing direct to Command Workstation?

If you were printing the document to any printer with Acrobat/Reader it should reduce the size by 3% to account for page margins assuming you set it to A3 in Page Setup so that the preview window shows the correct 11.7*16.54

1.GIF

Check in the driver that it isn't trying to resize after the other settings are applied via Paper > Other Size > Advanced Paper Size

2.GIF

Your output heavily implies somewhere in the job something thinks there is 11*17 in use.

If you are importing into the Fiery and this happens, and it sees the A3 setting, your best bet would be to just increase the size by 5% at that point, if it is a job that will be run often setup a virtual queue with the enlargement already set , if you do it very often set it up as a hot folder and you can just drag and drop (Assuming you have the Hotfolder setup)

3.GIF

I could not recreate your issue on our EX560 Fiery or bustled Fiery 560, or the 560 itself via the driver submission.

If you are submitting through CWIS I would assume the printer is incorrectly identifying the size of the document for some reason.

My test file (created in Word 2010, saved as pdf for this test) is attached

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe
0 Kudos