cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Xerox 5855 IP address conflict

Hello, for whatever reason  a computer decided to take over the 5855's ip today. After figuring out which computer it was, assigning it a new IP address, and restarting the printer, it still shows as offline on the network. Could somebody assist me?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Xerox 5855 IP address conflict

Also using the printers ip address won't let me access the CP via IP in url

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Re: Xerox 5855 IP address conflict

In order of quickest to longest

As admin go to Machine Status > Tools > Network Settings > Online/Offline and check that it didn't get set to disabled.

Failing that try giving it a new IP temporarily, when it connects, change it back to the original.

Failing that do a reset via Machine Status > Tools > Troubleshooting > Resets > Software Reset > All Software > Reset

That last one will take a while (Probably in the 20 minute range so go eat a sandwhich and come back later.)

If the previous things resolve it:

Tell your boss a story of how you had to reset a connector on the Cisco switch in the back room, then access the server with PRIs for Incoming Multilink Async and ISDN Calls to get it all talking again ;-)

If the previous things did not resolve it

Come back here, tell me I failed and need to try harder, after saying a mean thing or two to the printer about the likely purity of its mom, it helps sometimes, never fixes things, but makes you feel better.

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe Arseneau
0 Kudos