cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Xerox 6505 Imaging Unit

This is the message I get: 

- 091-935:Imaging Unit at end of life. Replace Imaging Unit. Printer is unable to print. (Imaging Unit, WorkCentre 6505N)

I've inserted the imaging unit from another 6505 and it prints fine. 

I am however worried about this, because this printer has had very little printouts in its lifetime and I have several 6505. The price for an imaging unit is USD200. 

I wonder about the following. 

1. Can you query the imaging unit about how many print outs it has had?

2. Can I override this counter? I've found some hardware tools to "chip" the device, but is that really necessary?

Thank you

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Re: Xerox 6505 Imaging Unit

1. Can you query the imaging unit about how many print outs it has had?

You can view the life left via percentages in CWIS

1.JPG

You won't get it in pages because it doesn't care how many you do, and it wouldn't be relevant since it degrades much faster with heavy stock than plain stock, unlike something like toner that just doesn't care what the stock itself is.

The printer in the screenshots is mine, and since I know it is the original Imaging unit, I can simply compare the total pages printed (8944) as how many this imaging unit has had. And doing the math I would expect the Imaging unit to go for about 14900 impressions. So 1.3 cents per page

2.JPG

2. Can I override this counter? I've found some hardware tools to "chip" the device, but is that really necessary?

Please don't go on a Xerox owned website to ask people to give you directions to hack a Xerox device in order to make it do things it is not intended to do.

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe Arseneau
0 Kudos