cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
techfish New Member

Xerox 6700 Random Restarts

Hi,

We have 2 x Xerox 6700s which restart periodically when users are printing.

The user can be printing several jobs and receives a message that "The printer is not connected".The user goes to the oprinter and the printer's touchscreen is frozen - no buttons can be pressed on the screen. The web interface is unavailable via ethernet.Then 3 - 5  minutes later the printer will automatically reboot.

All our computers are Mac OSX 10.10 and 10.11.

The problems hapens at least twice a day on each printer.

The problem seems to have started on both printers about 3 months ago. 

We made a Xerox service call and they have replaced the Image Processor Board and the FRU, MCU board but we still have the problems.

The problem happens whether the printers are connected directly to the wall or to a battery backup.

Please advise.

tf.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Account Deactivated

Re: Xerox 6700 Random Restarts

Thank you techfish for using the forum.

After discussing your issue with our technical team they recommend that you call into support so that you can receive the latest available FW version.  This unit will likely require two upgrades, a bridge upgrade and then a SPAR upgrade. 

Customer Support #: 800-835-6100.

Please select "Accept Solution" and / or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!
Thanks,
SandyP-Xerox
0 Kudos
gregmorin New Member

Was Xerox able to solve your problem? I have the exact same problem with three different 6700's (two at work, one at home) also using Mac OS X 10.10 and 10.11. We've had service calls on the two at work and they have been unable to figure out what the problem is, it continues. I bought a brand new one for home thinking surely it is fixed by now, but now, new unit behaves the exact same way. Anyway, hoping they solved it for you and if so I'll give that number a call and ask them to do the same or if it was a different solution please let me know what they did that solved it. Thanks!

0 Kudos
techfish New Member

Thanks for you reply. I did not see it at the time.

The same problems continue with the 6700DT.

I just called 800-835-6100 as suggested. They said an engineer needs to come onsite to install the Bridge and SPAR updates at $255 per hour. P{hone support said tey are unable to help with this problem.

Can you confirm this is the case please?

Machine software is crrently Version: 081.140.103.22600, whihc is the current firmware version listed for this printer at https://www.support.xerox.com/support/phaser-6700/file-download/enus.html?operatingSystem=winxp&file...

I googled and found SPAR version 081.140.108.09500 downloadable at http://www.support.xerox.com/support/Phaser®-6700/file-download/enus.html?contentId=132800&EULA=28

Can I go ahead and install the latest SPAR firmware or do I need a bridge firmware first??

Thanks, tf.

0 Kudos
gabiene Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Hi,

Yes, you must perform first the bridge software upgrade (https://www.support.xerox.com/support/_all-products/file-download/enus.html?contentId=129206) and after that you can upgrade at the latest firmware.

Gabi

0 Kudos
techfish New Member

Thank you... I am now on software version 081.140.108.09500 and hopefully this problem will go away.

👎 to Xerox phone support who said I needed to have an engineer come on site at $255 per hour to do this upgrade.

tf.

0 Kudos
gabiene Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Hi,

Please let us to know if the problem was solved.

Regards!

Gabi

0 Kudos