cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Watsons New Member

Xerox 700 VERY Slow booklet ouput

Hoping someone can help me here. I am printing 750 booklets and the output per book is between 1min 11sec-1 min 14sec (Truth, I just timed it twice!) This is absurd.

20 Text is coming from Tray 6, 90lb Pre-printed covers are coming from tray 5 as "Blank Cover".

The holdup is when it pulls the covers but why? Anyway to speed this up??

Thank you is advance for any help!

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Agency Analyst JordanAXAUQE-AA
Agency Analyst

Re: Xerox 700 VERY Slow booklet ouput

Watsons,

I have seen this in the field and have not yet had time to research this. I will see if I can get an answer from Xerox to find out what the delay is. If you would like - you should also be able to call your Suport center for additional help.

Thank you,
Jordan

If someone helped you make sure you give Kudos for their efforts! Don't forget to Select Accept as Solution if the reply resolved your issue as it will be able to help others!

Thank you,
Jordan R.
Systems Analyst / Consultant
Fiery Certified Professional

If someone helped you make sure you give Kudos for their efforts! Don't forget to Select Accept as Solution if the reply resolved your issue as it will be able to help others!
0 Kudos
Watsons New Member

Thank you Jordan!

0 Kudos
Agency Analyst JordanAXAUQE-AA
Agency Analyst

Watsons,

I will summarize a response from Xerox I received.

When you select a heavier type stock for a cover and have the machine pull it from the bypass or another tray the machine has to slow down and reprogram to run the media reliability. He did mention a tip that it may be more productive to run the covers separately and insert them into the job using the top insertion tray on the booklet maker finisher.

Hope that clears up why it takes longer to print when using covers.

Thank you,
Jordan

Thank you,
Jordan R.
Systems Analyst / Consultant
Fiery Certified Professional

0 Kudos
connerj91 New Member

I would just tell the machine that your 20 lb bond is the same weight as your cover or vice versa, then it doesn't slow down at all.
0 Kudos
Watsons New Member

This has been the only thing that has worked. Preprinted covers on 90lb index insert into Tray 5 (no insert tray on this model), tell the machine it is the same text weight as inside pages, booklets are flying out now. Thank you.

0 Kudos
iamthatis New Member

Our technician told us that it's slow because different weights of paper have different heat settings within the printer, so it's slow because the printer is actually heating and cooling its interior between covers/content.  Maddening.  But like previous posters have said, you can either lie and say both types of paper are the same weight, or pre-print the covers first and then tell it to just insert the cover.  If you're going to just insert the cover it's better to use a tray drawer rather than one of the bypass trays--I'm not sure why but using bypass trays 5 or 8 seem to slow it down.

0 Kudos
Analyst Nation Moderator Joe053204-hcl
Analyst Nation Moderator

This is exactly the answer. The fuser needs to change temperature so it slows down between any 2 media weights/types. It doesn't only do it with booklets, and it is not specific to the 700. Lying works, but it does noticably shorten the life of the fuser if large runs are done as the heavier paper actual causes physical damage to the fuser roller. So we cannot recommend this workflow for extended jobs.

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe
0 Kudos