cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Xerox 7835 fails to obey "Choose paper source by PDF page size"

Our former office printer (Xerox 7435) had no problem with this. But the new Xerox 7835 fails to obey the "Choose paper source by PDF page size" option in Acrobat Pro 9. It is extremely annoying to have to go into the Xerox driver dialog every time, regardless of that check in the box and the correct dimensions being displayed in the picture.....

This also seems to be a problem in Microsoft Office applications, even if we have the paper size set to A4 in Word, it will print on A3 (default), it seems like the printer overrides the applications. (this was not a problem on our former printer)

// Adam

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Analyst Nation Moderator
Analyst Nation Moderator

Re: Xerox 7835 fails to obey "Choose paper source by PDF page size"

Not sure what driver you are using but I can state for certain the latest Global PS does not have that issue on the 78xx models, I do know that the original drivers it shipped with did that, and it would do that if you redirected the 7435 driver to the 7855.

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi Joe.

Well drats, then I'm really at a loss here. We're using the latest Global PS driver (5.469.9.0), had the same driver version on our 7435 with no problems. So I guess we are redirecting our 7435 driver to the 7835, but that shouldn't be a problem right? As the driver is global.

I've tried the 78xx PS driver (non-global) and still get the same result. The preview window in Acrobat shows the right paper size but still prints according to the Xerox driver dialog.

We have two 7835 machines and both are having the same issue so it shouldn't be a machine error.

Adam.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Analyst Nation Moderator
Analyst Nation Moderator

The Xerox Global driver is sort of a misnomer. It isn't fully featured with all devices.

When you install the Global to a Printer it configures itself to that printer, if you redirect it to another family of printer it will send the wrong data because it still is configured for the other. You need to manually reconfigure it, which is typically very simple. When it is attached to a printer it can't identify (old, unsupported, other brand) it goes ino a basic mode (no finishing, no layouts, just prints BW, maybe color, possibly duplex and nothing more) Sort of like the HP Universal driver.

Start > Devices and printers right-click and go to Printer Properties > Administration

There is a dropdown box, you need to pick your product from the list (it does it on its own only when installed)

1.GIF

Realistically, the application setting has to be honored, unless Postscript passthrough has been disabled, so check that.

Start  > Devices and settings right-click and go to Printing Preferences > Advanced

2.GIF

I can say that Adobe has an issue in Acrobat 10 and 11, but we have not seen in Acrobat 9, or the newer DC, where the option doesn't work in Acrobat Pro 10-11, yet does in Acrobat Reader 10-11. I believe our Engineering guys are working with Adobe on that, not sure it would be much of a priority for Adobe since they are older products, and won't be for Xerox as it isn't our issue. But in those cases it is typically the first page prints fine and you get thumbnails on every page after.

Let's just remove corruption from the equation, lots of time appears to be wasted so far, so take 10 minutes and do the "nuke and pave" option. Grab the driver uninstaller here, remove every single Xerox item and reboot, install the latest Global PS driver and send a print and see what happens. Can't hurt at this point.

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe
0 Kudos