cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Zuccah New Member

Re: Xerox Altalink C8000 Color Accuracy Issues

Had Xerox come in and they increased the % for the "low/mid/high" which I guess is the quantity of toner that the machine spits out for shadows/blacks/greys/etc. After adjusting them to be much higher (I think they said they bumped it to 127%). Prints look good! Greys all look properly grey again. Copies still result in some loss, and we think this is still a firmware issue.

Zuccah New Member

Just a heads up for anyone who finds this post, the setting is called TRC (toner replenishment control, or something) and it's inside the Xerox diagnostics which only the tech can get to. The printer takes a while to adjust to the setting once it has been changed, so we ended up having Xerox come out and adjust it a few times, we're now at a TRC of ~+60% for the lows and I believe 0 and 0 for the mids and highs. This seems to have solved our very light grey problem. Will update again if more changes.

Fabio Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

do you know if the techncian bumped all low/mid/hig settings for black only? or all colors?

0 Kudos
Zuccah New Member

Just black as that was the only problem we had.

0 Kudos
Fabio Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

low mid and high, all 127 ?

0 Kudos
Zuccah New Member

Right now, our low's are +60%, the other two are at +0%.
0 Kudos
Fabio Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

ah ok; just 1 value changed, only for black then

gonna see what happens on our device

0 Kudos
stefanopaolin88 New Member

Hi All,

we are a partner from Italy and we are facing the same issue on a Xerox Altalink C8030. In particular, blue turns darker and pinkish and purple turns dark red/violet. I already tried correcting the colours using the PS driver, but without any improvement on these colours. As far as I know the file is ok. I also tried printing the file on a Epson laser printer and it is fine. I tried on a WorkCentre 7830 and it is fine. No way I can print it correctly with the Altalink. 

We have no special needs, we just need blue being blue and purple being purple, not messed up colours

We tried escalating the issue with Xerox Italy, but they told us that the file is the problem. Here I see other people facing exactly the same issue. Also the file can be print perfectly with other printers. Hence I don't believe that the file is the problem. Did anyone find a solution by chance?

Than you very much 

0 Kudos
Fabio Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

hi

first of all, you need to upgrade to latest SPAR Release, here are the download links for all altalinks

after install of the spar , you need to run the kalibration for print & copy, this is verry easy with the "device" app, then choose troubleshooting

i must say , PS is printing is now verry good, PCL is still a mess, dont use that

as for copy, latest spar release improved copy quality, but in my opinion , there is more work to be done

if you make a black white copy, it will be grey, the next copy of a copy of a copy, text is gone :-)) , so also light copyes/gray text is not copied over

we setup all machines now with default "text" mode , not anymore "photo & text", this makes black stay black for black/whiet copyes

try it out

8030 - 8035 : http://www.support.xerox.com/support/altalink-c8000-series/file-download/enus.html?&contentId=138060

8045 - 8055 : http://www.support.xerox.com/support/altalink-c8000-series/file-download/enus.html?&contentId=138062

8070 : http://www.support.xerox.com/support/altalink-c8000-series/file-download/enus.html?&contentId=138063

0 Kudos
stefanopaolin88 New Member

Hi Fabio and thank you for your reply,

actually we already had the Xerox technical assistance upgrading the MFN firmware and doing the calibration. This didn't fix the problem at all. There was some improvement when you copy, but no change when you print. 

Stefano

0 Kudos