cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Xerox C60/C70 with Fiery color issue

I have a Xerox C60/C70 with an external fiery computer and when I print a file the color is not consistent across the page. One side has a green shade to it (which is how it should be) and the other side has a magenta shade on it. I had a tech come out and look at it, and he said there is nothing he can do? Anyone have any other ideas?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Xerox C60/C70 with Fiery color issue

I'm having the same issue. This is a sample print vs. the original

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Rotate the image 180. If the output is identical, it is software/calibration.

If it shifts differently, the Fiery isn't the issue, it is the hardware.

For software, try running SIQA and a calibration.

For hardware, start with the SCSI cable (reverse it would be step one, so plug the end from the Fiery into the IOT and vice versa)

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe Arseneau
Highlighted
Occasional Advisor
Occasional Advisor

Dixons issue is that there is no black. It could be a black developer housing problem.
0 Kudos

Thank you for your response.
I rotated the picture and the magenta shade moved to the top of the page. It was shading the bottom half. I only see this issue with one file so far. If reversing the SCSI cable doesn't work, what would be the next step?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

If it is one file, the file is the issue.

Quick and dirty would be to confirm Let printer determine color is selected, or choose Print as image in Acrobat/reader (This one should fix it, but it will negate the printer determines color selection).

1.GIF

But it sounds like a transparency in the file, so if pdf, start exporting/saving as pdf/x (I suggest pdf/x3 for wide Compatibility), or manually start flattening your files beforehand. But these methods don't work if you aren't the graphic designer and don't have the original files.

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe Arseneau
Highlighted

Thank you again for your help and suggestions. I started to lean toward it being the file as well until I printered the file on another identical printer and the file printed correctly. This printer is under contract with a company and I've had their techs out several time and they still do not know what is wrong, they are headed out again today to swap some parts out. I think that it is a hardware issue. I will post again once I have an answer from them.

0 Kudos