cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

“Xerox Features” not showing in Mac print dialog

Jump to solution
Operating System: macOS 10.14 - Mojave

The following problem is observed on two different computers: a MacBook running Mac OS 10.13 (High Sierra) and an iMac running Mac OS 10.14 (Mojave).

"Xerox Features" are not showing in the print dialog pull-down menu (the one just below “Pages:  From:  to:”). It is not showing in Safari, Preview, Pages nor TextEdit. All I can see in the pull-down menu is a generic option called "Printer Features”, which does not properly give access to Xerox options.

I tried different versions of the Xerox print driver, including the most recent one and various versions from 2015 to now, without success. The printer is a Xerox ColorQube 8580DN. The driver latest version is 5.6.0, dated July 26, 2020.

However, the “Xerox Features” are showing properly in the latest version of Microsoft Office 365 applications: Word, Excel and PowerPoint. 

Anybody has had the same problem?

------------

Screen captures

Printer Features in pull-down menu – Pages

Printer Features options – Pages

Printer Feature sets – Pages

Pull-down menu with Xerox Features – MS Word

Xerox Features – MS Word

Xerox Feature sets – MS Word

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
FreeFlow User

Re: “Xerox Features” not showing in Mac print dialog

Jump to solution

Hello Bernard,

What you are experiencing is expected behavior for Pages on macOS 10.14 (Mojave). This is due to something called "library validation" that Apple implemented on all of their 1st party apps on that OS. Xerox has a publicly available document published about this which you can read at the link below.

Link: http://download.support.xerox.com/pub/docs/CentreWare_Web/userdocs/any-os/en/Xerox_KB_Library_Valida... 

Library validation is not enabled for Apple programs in macOS Catalina and they display Xerox Features as expected on that OS.

Highlighted

Re: “Xerox Features” not showing in Mac print dialog

Jump to solution

Thank you very much for the explanation.

Until I can upgrade to Catalina (Mac OS 10.15), I will save the Xerox printer settings as "presets" in the print dialog of an applications such as Word, which do not have Library Validation enabled. I should then be able to access the presets in other applications, including the ones which do have Library Validation enabled, such as Pages.

0 Kudos