cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Xerox GPD & Fuji Xerox ApeosPort C4470 and C5570 Issues

Having some issues with the Xerox GPD and the Fuji Xerox models C3370, C4470 and C5570 at our sites. These include:

C5570 - unable to print double sided from Word 2010. Can print to multiple DocuCenter II 3007 devices without issue, affects all PCs using the GPD to print to this copier. Issue is only reported when printing to C5570. Have reinstalled printer driver without change.

C4470 - When certain jobs are sent to the printer it locks it up with a System Error on the device and requires a hard reboot (power off then on holding the start and stop keys). Unknown what causes it as staff have reported printing from a 3rd party web application (so printing a website) having caused it. The web interface at this time will show: 

Please check the machine.(116-324).

Also I have some staff reporting the C4470 will print only 4 pages of 20-30 page items in our 3rd party web application then stop. This worked without issues when using the device specific PS driver.

The 3 problem printers so far are all on completely different print servers (different sites) so a badly installed driver (despite reinstalling anyway) is not likely.

We are using the PCL6 5273.2302.0.0 Driver.

I have not started playing with disabling the "Enhanced Printing Features" or "Print Optimization" in the advanced settings - I can't find any real information on how these will affect things.

Can anyone advise the next step in troubleshooting these 2 major issues?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Xerox GPD & Fuji Xerox ApeosPort C4470 and C5570 Issues

Hi AllisterWade,

If you have not already resolved this issue, we suggest you search our online knowledgebase for this product.

Alternatively, you can visit our Contact Us page for other support options.

Thanks,
CherylO-Xerox
Community Manager

Be sure to click Kudos for those who have helped you.
Select Accept as Solution for posts that have helped to solve your issue(s)!

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi Cheryl-O

I've gone over the support information for the C5570 provided, searching "duplex", "word", "office", "two sided" etc. with no relevant results. Was that a hint to there being information thst is relevant or just a ploy to waste some of my time?

I have reported this through our print management company in Australia who are ow ned by Fuji Xerox here. It seemed quicker to go direct to try find a solution to this as our print management company's knowledge of this driver is limited and this is a Xerox, not Fuji Xerox driver.

So yeah - would be helpful to get support or tips in troubelshooting, or if this a bug with your driver with a supported model it be resolved.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi AllisterWade,

I understand your frustration.  Please understand that I am in the US and the printer you are using are not available here.  That being said, please make sure that the settings in your document are set to duplex.  Make sure that the printing preferences in the driver are set to duplex as well. 

Please make sure that you are using the most current version of the Global driver that was posted on Feb. 15, 2013 on the US site. 

The fault code 116-324 Is a software exception error.  Here are the solutions for the error code .  Make sure you delete any jobs in the queue.  If there is a memory card in the machine make sure it is not loose. Also make sure that your machine is at the latest firmware level for your machine. 

When printing a webpage it is recommended that you go into page setup in your browser and make sure that the shrink to fit option is on. 

Again I hope this will help but if not your local support is your recourse. 

Thanks,
CherylO-Xerox
Community Manager

Be sure to click Kudos for those who have helped you.
Select Accept as Solution for posts that have helped to solve your issue(s)!

0 Kudos