cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Xerox Global PS xerox properties window issue.

I was wondering if anyone had run into an issue with the GPD (any version but currently using 5.303.16 PS 32-bit drivers) and printing in Word 2007. The issue we are running into is that the user is unable to change print setting in the Xerox print dialogue box because as soon as you click on one of the drop down boxes to change a setting (ex. changing 1-sided to 2-sided), the window goes inactive and then active again. This closes the drop down box before the user can select the option they want.

This happens over time and is not an issue that happens immediately. As the user prints, overtime this issue finally will appear. They can still print the document but they can't print it with the settings that they need. 

The issue can be resolved by logging in as that user on a different virtual desktop (identical to the users) and having them log off of their virtual desktop. Then, I log off the user on the Vdesk that I logged them into and they log back into their Vdesk and can print with no issues again. This indicates that this is causing some sort of corruption in their profile but it is not saved back to the server and is only pertains to the machine itself but is cleared up when you overwrite the profile and log back in.

System information: users run on Windows 7 enterprise, Office 2007, hosted on a Cirtix Xendesktop system. Latest windows 7 and office patchs installed. Printer is a Xerox workcentre 7545. Users use roaming profiles.

Note: switching to the PCL6 drivers eventually just crashes the Print Spooler service and the machine needs to be rebooted in order to fix the issue with the PCL6 driver in this environment as well.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Xerox Global PS xerox properties window issue.

Hello Mergathal.

If you have not already resolved this issue, we suggest you search our online knowledgebase for this product: Global Print Driver.

Alternatively, you can visit our Contact Us page for other support options.

Thanks,
CherylO-Xerox
Community Manager

Be sure to click Kudos for those who have helped you.
Select Accept as Solution for posts that have helped to solve your issue(s)!

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: Xerox Global PS xerox properties window issue.

There appears to be nothing in the online knowledge base regarding this issue. I so far am not able to locate a valid serial off the device, preventing me from getting assistance from support so I posted here until I am able to located the needed information.

Of note, this issue also happens with the PCL6 driver as well. When printing from Word 2007, the xerox properties window because unusable.
0 Kudos