cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Xerox Global Printing Driver - print server

Hello,

We installed the latest global driver for a shared printer on  windows 2003 R2 server.

When I add this printer on my client (windows XP) , the drivers are installed in my profile.

C:\Documents and Settings\xxxx\Application Data\Xerox\x2UNIVFE\V5.0

As we are using roaming profile it's causing problems.

Is there any workaround?

Best Reagrds, Albert

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Xerox Global Printing Driver - print server

We have the exact same issue and it is a real pain.

The new driver creates over 8000 files in the users roaming profile directory and causes printing to be VERY slow!

A real pain as the last driver lept crashing.

I found I could delete the folder out of my profile after adding the printer and it seemed to then recreate it with only 1 file in it. Waiting to see if this fixes it for good but not really a solution when you have hundreds of users.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted

same problem still existing. ist there any solution?

i've excluded the path for sync to the server but thats only a workaround for me for some days.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

same problem here - but Im also using a multi server load balanced Citrix XenApp 6 farm (on Windows Server 2008 R2) so excluding the dir from roaming profiles is not an option.

Xerox say this driver is "Citrix Ready" - it really isnt - particularily with the profile issues, but the performance is also shockingly slow compared to native drivers.

Any ideas Xerox on when these issues might get fixed?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

xerox is aware of this issue , there will be a new fix released in approx mid january

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

the new global driver is avaible , that one doenst create 8700 files in the profile
search / ask for release 5.185.32 .
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi Fabio - where can I find a download link? The page still lists the old version

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

dont know if i can post it , can you call xerox helpdesk first?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

I've tried calling and using the instant chat, neither reps seem to know what I'm talking about or how to help me.

The reason I ask is because it's a tad urgent for us. We're currently having major issues with other drivers (printing gibberish, wasting tons of paper), and the current global driver can't be used due to the large roaming profile issue.

I can wait till it's posted online if I have to, any idea when that will be?

0 Kudos