cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Xerox Phaser 6180 MFP no printing

We own 2 Xerox Phaser 6180 MFP printers (1 in each office location).

We had a big problem with (re)setting up the SMTP server. It does work now. Some IT guys fiddled arround and got it working. Scanning and mailing is vital. No with that action the IT guy did manage that the printer can still be found on the network but it does not respond anymore. So you can't print. The webinterface is accessible.

How can this happen? What should I supply to give you guys the right info to find the problem. Resetting the complete printer to factory defaults will probably work but then we are back to square one where the stupid SMTP server setup does not work (which is just poor/buggy software in this printer; no our network is not the problem and no we did not enter the wrong data and yes we did test if the STMP server worked and yes we did test multiple SMTP servers including IP details, port details etc).

So please HELP! Right now it is nothing more then a scanner/copier.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Valued Member
Valued Member

Re: Xerox Phaser 6180 MFP no printing

Hey,

So the machine doesn't print? When you sent a job to it, do they reach the machine? Are they in the queue of the machine?

Cheers
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi Alphatread,

I can print in the windows printer but the machine simply does not get the job. The printer is noted to be online in Windows.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Member
Valued Member

Hey,

When the job is in the queue in windows does it have a certain status (witheld, cancelled etc)? If not, can you print through centreware?

Cheers

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi,

The printer status for the job in Queue is "Printer Busy or Error".

Printer is on fixed IP and my laptop with official Xerox drivers.

I will download Centreware now to check if that works as I expect you mean that. I see no option to print via the webinterface at least.

0 Kudos