cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Xerox Phaser 6360 - Streak on cyan toner

Our Phaser 6360 printer has developed a fault with the cyan print. There is a strak appearing about the middle of every page that uses cyan toner. It seems to be a problem with the rollers behind the imaging unit (so not a consumable we can change). We have changed the imaging unit but this has not solved the problem.

See pic below:

printer copy.jpg

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Re: Xerox Phaser 6360 - Streak on cyan toner

Hey you!

This is what an engineer would check for, and do: (if one step does not help, go to next step)

1 Check for obstructions between the Laser Unit and the Imaging Unit.
2 Remove the Imaging Unit and inspect each OPC Drum and corresponding area.

3 Remove any debris such as hair, foam or paper. Remove the obstruction or debris.

4 Replace the Imaging Unit

5 Replace the Transfer Roller
6 Replace the Fuser
7 Does the image quality improve?
8 Do not clean the Developer Assembly rollers with a cloth. Carefully remove
debris from the rollers using tweezers or similar tool.
9 Remove the Developer Frame Assembly. Using a lint free cloth, carefully clean the Laser window and between each Developer Assembly.
10 Replace the Developer Frame Assembly
11 Replace the Laser Unit
12 Replace the Engine

Best Regards

Kimzi

--------------------------------------------
Please remember to select "Accept as Solution" for posts that helped you solve the issue.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: Xerox Phaser 6360 - Streak on cyan toner

Strange you are saying that as the Cyan on my 6360 did exactly the same thing except it wasn't just lines it was the whole page which chewed up the high capacity cartridge which are around $300.00.  I'm wondering if its a fault in the powder or something like that.  I know there is a button on the trouble shooting that clears smudges and smears, have you tried that as it might clean out all the rollers.

0 Kudos