cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Xerox Phaser 7700gx Windows 7 x64 Setup

I have a Xerox phaser 7700gx. I am running windows 7 x64 professional. Have looked for a specific driver for Windows 7 x64 and cannot find one only a font installer. I have my HP elite book plugged into the printer using a cat5 cable directly.

I then tried to set the IP address on the printer since it does not initiate one automatically. The manual IP setup will not allow me to keep it just says ……Error in IP Address Network Mask and Gateway Combination….I have read and followed all protocols and the video on Xerox’s site that shows how to set up TCIP when setting up the IP address ad Gateway still nothing

I then downloaded the global driver and it pulls up my printer install dialogue box in windows and just spins looking for a printer and it cannot find it.

I would really appreciate someone’s help out there. I have checked the cables with a CAT5 tester and it checks out

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Re: Xerox Phaser 7700gx Windows 7 x64 Setup

Hi eugeneninnie

That error is definately stated because the gateway it is being told to use does not fit in the subnet that contains the IP address you are setting. What is the IP and Gateway you are attempting to use?

As for the Global driver not finding it, that would make sense if the device is not on the network, so the IP thing needs to be fixed before any attempt at a driver install.

The WinXP x64 driver is probably the one you need.The Global driver does not support the 7700, so it will be in "Basic Print Mode" if you use it. The machine seems to be long out of developement so your best bet is an XP/Vista x64 driver. I was able to install it just now on Win 10 tech preview, so it should work fine

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe Arseneau
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi Joe

I am using 13.62.20.60 for IP and 255.255.252.0 for Network Mask and 0.0.0.0 for Default gateway. I pulled it from the Xerox Video HERE….http://www.office.xerox.com/userdoc/P7700/7700_Web/videos/Frontpanel/cnfgfrnt.html.
...What does The WinXP x64 driver is probably the one you need.The Global driver does not support the 7700, so it will be in "Basic Print Mode" if you use it...... Mean?...In laymans terms what do I need to do. Please provide the link for the proper driver. on the x64 WIN XP I cannot find it. So are you saying that with thr winxp x64 driver one can only run it in basic print mode? and If so there is a setting for that....Just want to verify.
You focus in on the Default gateway yet it says …Error in IP Address Network Mask and Gateway Combination….All Three. Could it also be IP and Network mask as well OR all three must be a certain combination of specific numbers?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

You can't use an IP address you found in a video, it has to be an IP for your network, not a Xerox one (Xerox owns the 13.xxx.xxx.xxx IP's)

For your network it will most likely be a 192.168.xxx.xxx format.

Your Gateway will be something like 192.168.1.1.

To get that stuff, use your own PC.

Click your Start menu and type cmd in the Search Programs and Files box.

In the new window type ipconfig and hit the enter key

Look for the section that has your IPv4 Address, subnet and gateway.

This is mine, yours will absolutely in no way be the same.

Capture.GIF

Your printer will need to have exactly the same Subnet Mask and Default Gateway as your PC.

The IP (IPv4) address has to be the same for the first 3 octets, and the last has to be different, and less than 254.

So if your PC is 192.168.1.36, then the printer has to be 192.168.1.xxx, where xxx is something not in use by anything else on the network. To find one that is not in use, type the command in the same window ping 192.168.1.40, if it responds you can't use it, if it fails to respond you can.

This is the right driver

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe Arseneau
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Member
Valued Member

wow....

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Ok I have pinged my system got 198.168.2.2 for my computer IP 255.255.255.0 for subnet and 192.2.1 for Default gateway.

Now I set the panel on the 7700 for

Then I ping 192.168.2.9 and get  something new Rely form 192.168.2.2 “Destination Host unreachable” which means my computer.

What does that mean and how can I rectify? I still cannot print. I have downloaded the drivers you specified

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Those settings should work so I would have to assume they are:

1. Not physically on the same network

2. The Printers NIC is disabled

Or you really did use a gateway of 192.2.1 but I am assuming that was just an error typing 192.168.2.1 in your first line.

You are probably going to need someone to help get that set up, you have been trying for 7 months now, get someone who knows networking on site.

Joe Arseneau
0 Kudos