cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tps New Member

Xerox Phaser 8560 - Cyan printing out a dark green / blue

My Xerox Phaser 8560 is printing out Cyan as a dark green / blue. I have changed the printer settings to enhanced mode and tried printing out the cyan only test page but the colour is nothing like cyan. I tried printing over 50 test pages to see if the colour would change but it didn't. The ink is new and authentic xerox. I don't have any error codes. Can anyone help?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
GoldenSun New Member

Re: Xerox Phaser 8560 - Cyan printing out a dark green / blue

My Xerox 8560 is doing the same thing.  The cyan looks like an olive green.  It has been doing this for a few months and after a few hundred pages.  Does anyone now how to fix this? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Detlef Frequent Member
Frequent Member

Bump

Same here

Actually an old problem - I already had it on my Tectronics Phaser 850.

Never been able to get an answer from Xerox.

0 Kudos
Detlef Frequent Member
Frequent Member

Bump again - perhaps if we are patiently waiting another 10 years or so, somebody from Xerox will answer. :smileyvery-happy:

Actually, I can get it back to cyan by printing a lot of solid cyan pages (100 % coverage !), about 80 or 90 pages.

A very expensive solution.

0 Kudos
Community Manager CherylO-Xerox
Community Manager

Hi Detlef,

Thank you for using the Support Forum. Please take a look at the solutions for Incorrect colors and see if that will help resolve your situation.  If not please consider contacting your support centre for further assistance.

Thanks,
CherylO-Xerox
Community Manager

Be sure to click Kudos for those who have helped you.
Select Accept as Solution for posts that have helped to solve your issue(s)!

0 Kudos
Detlef Frequent Member
Frequent Member

I quote:

1. Create a document consisting of a full page (100% fill) of the color not printing correctly, or download and use one of the resource files provided in the table below. For example, if cyan ink is actually printing black, create a document that is a solid fill of cyan, or download and open the Cyan fill page provided in the table below.

IMPORTANT: Make sure to set the Print Quality mode in the print driver to "Standard" and the TekColor Correction to "None" before performing the next step. This will allow the job to purge only the problem color. Other settings may cause the printer to use a percentage of the other ink sticks.

1. Print approximately 50 - 100 pages of the document, as necessary, until the printed color returns to normal.

Considering the price Xerox charges for the ink, this is a fairly expensive solution for the problem of unstable ink.

0 Kudos
Community Manager CherylO-Xerox
Community Manager

Hi Detlef,

Understood, please consider contacting supplies about receiving a new toner if this one seems to be defective and / or have service take a look at the machine to see if this may be a hardware issue. 

Thanks,
CherylO-Xerox
Community Manager

Be sure to click Kudos for those who have helped you.
Select Accept as Solution for posts that have helped to solve your issue(s)!

0 Kudos