cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Xerox Printer Driver for Mac OS X Lion - Lacking Some Printing Functions

We have a WorkCentre 7665, and some of our users recently upgraded to Mac OS X Lion (10.7.2). We downloaded and installed the new Xerox printer driver for Lion, but can only print to trays 2 and 3. Tray 4 and the Bypass Tray 5, when specified in the print job, default back to Tray 3. Also, the stapling option has disappeared from the menu. Anyone else seen similar results? I am assuming this will be fixed in a future driver release?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Re: Xerox Printer Driver for Mac OS X Lion - Lacking Some Printing Functions

try this one, its the latest universal mac driver released recently, ignore the model on that website... its an universal for all machines :)

http://www.support.xerox.com/support/workcentre-7328-7335-7345-7346/file-download/enus.html?operatin...

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Thanks Fabio; however, that is the same driver I already loaded ... it does not work as specified my original post ... other ideas?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Just downloaded and installed the latest printer drivers that came out yesterday for Lion ... no joy, no joy.

Still cannot print to tray 4 or bypass tray 5 ... what is the deal Xerox???

Any ETA??? Been waiting for this baseline functionality for Lion (and for my Leopard machines, which had it and then lost it with these new drivers).

Currently been waiting for over 7 months ...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xerox Analyst
Xerox Analyst

Hi,

Your problem is not normal. You should consider call your local Welcome Support Center so that it can be analyzed. The problem may not be related with the driver. Any way here is a test you can do. Install the driver using another way:

- Go to the xerox.com, drivers, windows XP and download the Generic PPD.

- In your Mac, add a printer using IP printer and after you set the IP and queue, in the Print Using field chose "other..." and grab the xrx7656.ppd file that you saved. When you press add, you should see a window to configure the options available in you printer, like finishing, extra trays, etc.

Do a test to tray 4 and let me know the result. It should work.

Regards

Rui

Be sure to give out Kudos and select "Accept as Solution"
0 Kudos