cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Xerox WorkCentre 3045 Toner Rubbing off

Hoping to get some help, my Xerox Work Centre 3045, when printing the toner is rubbing off after printer, when printing a few pages, the toner doesnt even stick to the paper. 

I am using plain paper and haven't changed paper. I have tried setting the density lower, cleaning etc, but nothing seems to be helping. 

Could someone please give me some advice? 

Thanks 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Analyst Nation Moderator
Analyst Nation Moderator

Re: Xerox WorkCentre 3045 Toner Rubbing off

It is the fuser that is the problem, or the paper tray stock setting, or both.

Un-fused means not enough heat, not enough heat means that the fuser is broken, or the stock is too heavy for the machine, or set to a weight much less than it actually is.

So, the money option is to replace the fuser.

The free option is to go to the control panel and browse to System > Tray Settings >OK > Main Tray > OK > Paper Type

Then select the correct stock (If it isn't already) or a heavier stock if it is but still won't fuse. If no manner of stock type/weight will work, you will be stuck with the money option.

Obviously if the stock is beyond spec for the machine, then no amount of settings will work.

Supported media: (See page 72 of User guide)

Media types
Tray (Manual feed slot): Cover, Envelopes, Labels, Plain paper, Recycled paper
Tray (Main tray): Cover, Envelopes, Labels, Plain paper, Recycled paper

It supports the following paper weights from 60 –163 g/m² (16 lb. Plain–60 lb. Cover) Go beyond those settings and it won't fuse properly.

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe
0 Kudos