cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dunger New Member

Xerox WorkCentre 3550 Driver Issues

Sorry but this is going to be a long one. I am having problems with this new printer. This printer is setup as a network printer. Initially I installed the Global PS drivers on the server and had a few test users install the printer on their computer.

During the testing phase the user was able to print no problem, but when I went to choose printer prefrences nothing would come up. I checked & disabled the firewall incase it was blocking anything, printer prefrences would still not come up.

I deleted the printer driver from the server and installed the PCL 6 drivers. I deleted the old Global PS drivers from the users computer and then installed the new PCL driver. This worked fine I was able to bring up the printing prefrences and choose my paper source and any other features. When the users went to use MS Word chose File -> Print... Word would hang for almost 2 mins before brining up the print window or sometimes would not come up at all until I went to the printer properties from Printers & Faxes and then the print window would appear.

It seems that word is the only piece of software that is experiencing these issues. Intenet Explorer, Lotus Notes or any other software does not hang like this when trying to print. If i choose another printer as my default MS Word will not hang. So it leads me to believe it is the print driver.

Just curious if anyone else has ran into a similar problem before and if they managed to fix it.

Thank you

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Fabio Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Re: Xerox WorkCentre 3550 Driver Issues

are you using office 2010 ? thats an issue with that office suite

best to install all hotfixes , especially this one : kb2345342

grtz

0 Kudos
dunger New Member

Sorry I should have specified, Office 2000 is the standard for all machines (yeah I know :( )

0 Kudos
Fabio Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

are you also using windows 2000 clients? then you can try disablind advanced printing features, its in the advanced tab of the driver properties (NOT in the xerox printing preferences)

0 Kudos