Bit of a weird issue with a Workcentre 7220 that I am hoping someone has perhaps come across.
The printer is managed from a print server. The problem is that when editing settings through the advanced tab the settings are reset after a period of time. This only seems to happen with this tab and printer which is causing some problems.
I am thinking it is perhaps firmware/driver related. The firmware being used: v072.030.004.09101 and the driver being pushed out is Xerox WorkCentre 7220 PCL6.
I am looking for any suggestions to fix this problem.
Solved! Go to Solution.
It can't be the printer firmware, but if you want to update that go ahead, you are currently 23 levels behind current.
As for settings changes, It would have to be BiDi issues, but it depends where it happens.
1. On the client, or the Server, or both
2. Printer Properties > Advanced <Corrupt install>
3. Printing Preferences > Advanced <Affects the server and the client at install, but not the client if they change them>
4. Printer Properties > Advanced > printing Defaults > Advanced <affects only the client PC's>
If all else fails, switch to the GPD
Interestingly enough it hasn't reset today.
I thought I would have a look at the event logs and found nothing interesting which would indicate why the problem is happening.
I've had a look at those options presented and everything looks entirely fine.
The printer operates just fine as part of GDPR we have to either hide current print jobs or have it so that the print queue isn't visible. What we were finding is that old jobs and current jobs were listed in the print queue and the document name was visible. I have managed to hide the document jobs directly on the printer but I still have this persistent problem were I select the job to directly print to the printer. I'll then check the next day and will find the option "Spool print documents so program finsihes printing faster" is once again selected. The option "Keep printed documents" would also be selected once again menaing old print jobs were once again visible.
I restarted the printer today thinking that may trigger a change but it hasn't I'll keep my eye on this and check again on Monday.
Just an update on this. So we had went for a period where jobs had been hidden and the queue wasn't visible. Now the jobs are once again appearing with "Printed Document" as the name and are visible to anyone when viewing "See whats printing". I am comfortable with this. Just strange as to why our changes on the print management server would randomly reset at an undefined moment in the future. This happened to 2 Xerox printers.
I applied the settings directly through the printers hiding the documents in the security panel. This hides the document as stated above and also hides the document name directly on the printer.
Just to confirm. I had the same issue again with this printer. It was hiding documents well for a number of weeks and then decided to reset back to it's original settings through printer management on the print server. To work around this I set the documents to be hidden within the printer device. We can still see how many documents and who is printing the document but it hides the document name more importantly within the queue and also on the print device.