cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pmac New Member

Xerox Workcentre 238 accounting error

We have a Xerox Workcentre 238 attached to a Windows Server 2008 print server. When I first set the new server up, I was getting the "This job was deleted due to invalid accounting IDs" error for everything I tried to print. I went back and checked the configuration on our old server and noticed it had the Xerox Workcentre Pro 238 driver with standard accounting enabled. I replicated these settings on the new server, and now I can print anything (txt files, word documents, pictures, web pages) just fine, except for .pdf files. Unfortunately, .pdf files make up the majority of what our end users print. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
tremblyj Member

Re: Xerox Workcentre 238 accounting error

Hi, if you are running Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat Pro locally, you should get the same popup box as your other apps with the same stored prompts taken from your local Windows profile.  If, however, you are running Acrobat Pro from an App server (i.e. Citrix), the app server needs to have the same Xerox print driver installed on it and the popup box defaults will come from your local profile on that app server or one from a cluster.

Does the printer properties button bring up the Xerox software or something else?

-John

0 Kudos