cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Xerox Workcentre 7535 printing with dark colors

Greetings,

We have a WC 7535.  Printed color images have much darker colors on the 7535 than the same images printed on other office printers.  As an example, we have a small HP printer that produces perfect color, but the 7535 does not.  Everything else via the 7535 is perfect: good resolution, good font smoothing, and all other applications on the machine (fax, scan, B/W printing, etc) all work fine.  Also color copying works fine without the dark colors issue.  Side note, when I say "darker" it could technically be more saturated or have more contrast or some other difference than simply darker color, but to the uneducated such as myself, darker is as good a description as any.

I've tried everything I can think of to correct the issue.  I've installed and tried drivers PCL, PCL5, PCL6, PS, and XPS.  I've tried on XP and Win7 machines, 32 bit and 64 bit.  I've manipulated every different combination I can think of in the device settings (on the client side) like Color Management options under Advanced Print Setup.  Some work better than others, but all of them are still unnaturally darker than the images that we print off other devices.  I have run a color calibration on the printer itself and that didn't help any.  Therefore it doesn't appear to be a hardware issue per se.  I printed a document from the device itself (not from a network client PC) and it printed with dark colors.

I had thought that this may be a PDF issue, so I saved the document as a PNG and a JPEG, and I had the same issue with both of those documents as well.  I've tried many different images at this point, and every one of them comes up with dark colors.

Advice?  Direction?  The 7535 is fantastic in every other way, and if we could just resolve this one issue it would be the perfect device for us.  Thank you.

Forgot to mention, we use the built in controller, not a Fiery controller, if that matters.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Xerox Workcentre 7535 printing with dark colors

Hi Foxtrot,

Thank you for using the Support Forum. If the internal pages printing from the machine are dark as well then it sounds like a machine issue. Please make sure that you have the latest firmware installed from the drivers and downloads site for your machine.  If the problem continues please consider contacting your support centre for further assistance.

Thanks,
CherylO-Xerox
Community Manager

Be sure to click Kudos for those who have helped you.
Select Accept as Solution for posts that have helped to solve your issue(s)!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xerox Authorized Dealer Analyst
Xerox Authorized Dealer Analyst

Very true about the xerox printing darker you may also notice that blues look better than on other devices. You may need to contact your local rep if you are on a contract and see if they may be able to do a special setup of your device to adjust the colors. Also use the Post Script driver and the color by words function may help you.in the driver.If your copies look good you may set the driver to default to a certian color setup which you can control in the driver Saturation hue and such. Usually you can call tech support and get great help there.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Thanks for the responses folks.  I haven't tried updating the firmware yet, as that seemed a little more than I wanted to take on at the time.  I was hoping for an easier solution.  To update the firmware, I'm going to need to work on the device either late in the evening or on the weekend, and I was hoping not have to do either.  Oh well, no big deal.

I had tried working with our local reseller's tech support, but unfortunately that didn't go very far.  I caught on that their software guy didn't know any more about computers than I did, so decided to just handle it myself.  I learn more that way, and I don't have to sit and wait while some guy pokes at it forever.  I can do that myself.  :)

I've got a very important project that I am working on for the next couple weeks, but once that is done, I will circle back and let y'all know whether the firmware update worked.

Thanks again for the assistance.

0 Kudos