Product Name: Phaser 6510
Operating System: Android
I get receved with errors 024-747 any time I try to print with the printer
0 Kudos
12 Replies
Technical Escalation User DavidX28897-xrx
Technical Escalation User

Re: Xerox phaser 6510 problem error code 024-747

It means paper size mismatch. So if you are printing an 5x8 pdf and the printer is loaded with 8.5x11 paper it will toss that error. 

If it only happens with pdfs make sure the check box for choose paper source by pdf is unchecked

0 Kudos
Wegerglenn New Member

Do I do that in the printer or in a print option that is on my phone or computer
0 Kudos

On the phone or computer. Should be in area under page setup. Make sure it matches what's loaded in the printer
0 Kudos
Wegerglenn New Member

I set it up to let the printer pick the paper and tray and I still get the same code. I never change the paper size. I only use 8.5x11 paper. What can I do to make this printer work?
0 Kudos

You need to change paper size in driver on pc side. Automatically select means the print driver takes the paper dimensions from page setup inside (Adobe/MS Word/Excel) and gives to the printer, if the printer has that paper it prints, if it doesn't it tosses that code.

Are you printing from phone or chromebook or windows or mac?

Did you install the xerox driver or use the OS to install the printer for you?

0 Kudos
Lauren3 New Member

It means there is an incorrect parameter in the paper size. This happens mostly with the wrong print driver in use, or when an application overrides the driver. So make sure it is the right print driver, and make sure that the Application is not set to an odd size.

0 Kudos
jenifferhomes New Member

This happens mostly with the wrong print driver in use, or when an application overrides the driver.

So make sure it is the right print drivers, you can update them here, and make sure that the Application is not set to an odd size.

The following screenshot is an example of this, with Choose Paper source by pdf page size enabled it will force the printer to print to a paper that equals the document size, often the document size will show an impossible number like 8.5*11.01, and since the .01 is impossible, it will fault the job. My document in the screenshot is a more extreme example though.

3.GIF

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!
0 Kudos
Wegerglenn New Member

I get on my computer. I go into printer settings. It says it is set for 8.5 x 11 plain paper. That is the paper that is in it. I click to print a test page. I get the same error code. Trying to print a test page from the printer settings on the computer I get the error
0 Kudos

If you open a close the tray. Can you validate that printer is programmed as plain white letter. Not plain blue letter or something else.

If it is, the only thing I think we can do is a factory reset. 

Power off the printer

Then 

Hold these buttons at the same time: OK + Up Arrow + Down Arrow + Power and run the routine

You will have to resetup the printer

0 Kudos