cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

colorqube 8570 spurious error message "remove yellow ink stick"

Colorqube 8570 initiated an incorrect error message that incorrect ink stick needs to be removed. The ink stick is xerox brand and no different than the other ink sticks. What needs to be done to stop the message and fix the problem?? Have not had this happen before. Purchased printer in Feb 2013.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Account Deactivated

Re: colorqube 8570 spurious error message "remove yellow ink stick"

Hi JWM.

Thank you for using the forum.

I have searched our product knowledge base and found the following article that may help:

Solutions for : Remove Incorrect (CMYK) Ink Stick Message

http://www.support.xerox.com/support/CQ8570/support/en_US.html?objGUID=8255

If you need further assistance please let us know.

You may also want to contact support at 1-800-835-6100 for further assistance.

Please select "Accept Solution" and / or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!
Thanks,
SandyP-Xerox
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Thanks. As mentioned, the correct ink sticks were in the machine, the machine was correctly set for North America (this was a problem when it was purchased) and had been used for some months and nothing had changed to cause this error message. Always seems like regardless of software or hardware, the problems are something other than what's available in the online support. ;> Since the printer is still under warranty, I have a tech coming out to trouble shoot the problem. I removed the sticks for the phone support and they are the correct sticks (NA). Afterwards, I removed all of the sticks and put them back in place and magically the error message went away. So, there must be something mechanical I'm guessing with a sensor that caused the message to appear and also prevent use of the printer (which was a bigger issue). If you are curious about the resolution of this, let me know and I'll post an update after the tech checks it. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Account Deactivated

Hi JWM.
Yes, please do post the solution as others that may encounter the same issue can search and find your post. Thanks for including the steps you performed. Resetting the sticks may have been all it needed to resolve the issue.
Please select "Accept Solution" and / or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!
Thanks,
SandyP-Xerox
0 Kudos