cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

low print quality labels phaser 6360

I have a Phaser 6360 with total sheet count of 15821, with 7955 of them being labels.  I have a problem of very low print quality.  The first page comes out quite good, but there is some ghosting on the first page even.  It starts at about 4 inches down, and the ghosting is from about 1 inch above.  After printing several pages it also starts tinting the page yellow, and occasionally blue.  If I run the remove smears from the control panel, the first page comes out tinted yellow.  I have changed the transfer roller and the fuser.  The imaging unit shows 13700 to 14300 pages remaining.  I do use oem and also aftermarket toner, but the aftermarket is fully guarranteed not to cause any print issues.  The problems did not start when I switched toners. The print quality has been getting worse over the last approximately 400 pages.

(I had a separate problem with flaking and I switched back to Xerox toner but it did not fix it, but I get along by selecting heavier weights, making sure paper, lightening fonts, etc.)

I purchased this printer not because we do a lot of printing (we do about 1000 pages per month), but because it needs to be dependable with excellent print quality.

The problems are with printing labels (we purchase laser labels from sheetlabels.com) and I do have labels selected as paper type.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: low print quality labels phaser 6360

Hi cheeseman,

Thank you for using the Support Forum. Please take a look at this solution for ghosting to see if any of the suggested solutions will help.  If not please consider contacting your support centre for further assistance. 

Thanks,
CherylO-Xerox
Community Manager

Be sure to click Kudos for those who have helped you.
Select Accept as Solution for posts that have helped to solve your issue(s)!

0 Kudos