cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2 Replies

Re: machine printing Dot pattern on Black stock

Hi Tammy,

The spots are not random, as you can see in the picture there is a definitive pattern. I believe thay are the machine identifier that gets layed down as an anti fraud initiative. normally not seen as it is single yellow dots on white paper. in this case easily seen yellow dots with clear overlay on black soft touch easily seen. I have escalated this to the colour analyst i will report back if they come up with a solution.

Thank you for taking the time, I appreciate you.

0 Kudos
TammyL-Xerox
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: machine printing Dot pattern on Black stock

Hello Mark_McCaw, 

Here is an article with some basic steps for white or black spots. If you are still having issues after trying these steps, I suggest that you call into our support department for assistance @ 1-800-821-2797.

Thanks,
TammyL-Xerox
Community Manager

Be sure to click Kudos for those who have helped you.
Select Accept as Solution for posts that have helped to solve your issue(s)!

machine printing Dot pattern on Black stock

Product Name: Xerox Versant 280 Press
Operating System: Not Specified

When printing the machine lays down a dot pattern which most of the time is difficult to see however on Dark colour stock (in this case black) when printing CMYK and WGSC it becomes very prominent. in this example I am printing 6 up a CMYK logo and then white print with with clear flood covering the lower half. Stock is a black soft touch. It looks great with the exception of that pattern which covers the entire sheet. Does anyone know how to shut this off or get rid of it? any help would be appreciated.

IMG_0820.jpg

0 Kudos